Chicago Pulled from D* O&O List?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

matthpd195

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 11, 2004
Northeast Indiana
I just got off the phone with D*, was trying to get the CBS & NBC HD channels added to my parents account. They live in Chicago so I figured it would be a fairly easy call.

I was transferred to a HD CSR to help me, while on the phone with him he advised that as of last Thursday the Chicago channels are not letting customers receive the NY feeds any longer. Only reason given was that the local station pulled the access because they broadcast OTA??

I have not seen any other postings on this, can anyone verify if this is the case?

I am still trying to see about your question, but did want to drop an FYI: DBS providers in no way set the standards or rules regarding network affiliates or who is O&O or not; they are made to enforce the rules laid out to them.

I can live with the fact that the channels aren't available anymore, if that is actually the case. I visit this and other forums regularly and have seen nothing of this, so i am skeptical of the CSR's information.

Thanks for checking!

I thought if the station was O&O they had no say so in letting someone get the distant nework feed?

I read it that you are 99% likely to get approval, but that if you are Grade A then they can still do what they want. BUT like we have always said:

Locals have NEVER been 100% cut-and-dried.
Affiliates will fight when they think they can or if they feel threatened in some way.
Always call the affiliate directly and ask the GM to explain why you are being denied.
If the GM says you are OK, get it in writing.
Don't be rude and explain your thoughts to him/her about O&O approvals.

charper1 said:
so you may want to call the affiliates directly to see if THEY are dening any waivers; even if they are O&O, which would be lame IMO.

I'll give them a shot to see what the say, thanks for the input.

I live in chicago and get both NY HD local feeds....that rep you talked to didn't know his stuff.

Well that's what I was thinking, so I called back. Got a CSR who knew his S**t, got both CBS & NBC HD added to their account! :)

Thanks for the replies!

dishrich you made me call directv about the NBC HD and FOx hd because i was not getting them.

i called the 1800-531-5000 number
a male CSR come on and said i not allowed to get them
then i told him to transfer me to the HD dept
nice lady come on i told her i suppose to get the NBC and fox hd channels
she checked her computer, and asked me to turn on 82 and 88
and boom there it was.

So anyone who have trouble getting the hd channels is to call directv and ask for the HD dept.

anyway i didn't need the network channels i get them prefectly OTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)