Chicago WBBM 2-1 (3)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tsully71

Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
I see that some one else has posted about this back in October. I have absolutely no picture for CBS HD 2-1 anymore, is there something I do not know about. While the channel was crap to start with, always picking up interference and freezing up, I at least still got one, just last week, it went completely dead. Anyone know why?

I see that some one else has posted about this back in October. I have absolutely no picture for CBS HD 2-1 anymore, is there something I do not know about. While the channel was crap to start with, always picking up interference and freezing up, I at least still got one, just last week, it went completely dead. Anyone know why?

You might want to also post over at http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=9384888#post9384888 where there is always a discussion about how to get WBBM-DT's channel 3 signal to come in.

no cbs 2

That was me, I still have no 2 on my 921, my 622 will get it ota but choppy. I reaimed my winegard hd8200p with the rotor and that helped a bit, but I am still having problems as well.

It seems that WBBM only transmitts DTV-3 using 4.4kw E.R.P. Even in the VHF range that's not much. Even their analog channel 2 only puts out 26.4 kw E.R.P. The further out you are the bigger the vhf antenna your gonna need and your going to have to point your antenna at it.

I am only 14 miles from downtown. From my roof I can see the Sears tower and the Hancock. Last spring I installed a Channelmaster 3017. I have a Dish 622 and a Mitsu 52628. The best I can do with WBBM is a 85 on the signal meter with the 622. That is on a cloudy day with no wind. On a clear, sunny, windy day the signal drops 10 points and has frequent break ups. All other channels are in the 90s. In fact, the WCIU channels overload the 622 with their signal. When I watch the White Sox HD games on 26 I have to switch over to the tuner in my TV. Good Luck

WCIU outputs 5000kw on analog 26 and 15kw on DT 27, they originally had 160kw on DT 27 but around mid 2004 they were lowered to 15kw by the fcc. They have an application filed with the fcc to raise it back up to 160kw but it's not approved per the fcc web site. Blizz, you may have too much uhf antenna being so close to downtown. You may need a variable attenuator so you can knock some of the signal down for your 622. Seems the Chicago area TV stations are either too strong or too weak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts