Chiller HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nazz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
I knew that DirecTV was going to carry the new horror channel Chiller at launch on March 1 but I didn't realize that it was HD. It also looks like films are OAR.

This promo reel says that an HD simulcast will be offered. Is there any buzz about E* picking this up? The association with Universal HD and Sleuth seems like a good situation for E* to add it since it carries those already. Hopefully D* doesn't have some sort of satellite exclusive and also I hope E* doesn't think it doesn't need it due to Monsters HD.

http://www.nbcunicable.com/insidenbccable/movies/chiller/USSA048512.mpg

Hopefully D* doesn't have some sort of satellite exclusive and also I hope E* doesn't think it doesn't need it due to Monsters HD.

My thought exactly -- since it has MonstersHD, E* may very well conclude that there is no compelling need to add a second horror movie channel.

And I have to admit, if given the choice of a second horror channel or something like Cinemax HD or the maybe-to-be-created SciFi HD, I'd take those.

I knew that DirecTV was going to carry the new horror channel Chiller at launch on March 1 but I didn't realize that it was HD. It also looks like films are OAR.

This promo reel says that an HD simulcast will be offered. Is there any buzz about E* picking this up? The association with Universal HD and Sleuth seems like a good situation for E* to add it since it carries those already. Hopefully D* doesn't have some sort of satellite exclusive and also I hope E* doesn't think it doesn't need it due to Monsters HD.

Searching Google it wont launch in HD YET only SD, HD later in year.

with the VOD and HD offerings available later in 2007.

I would too. There's a lot of horror material not covered by Monsters HD and I'd watch Chiller quite a bit.

And considering what we have seen as horror movies from UHD - I can only imagine what we will see here....

Daily showings of Saint Sinner, Darkman 3, Decoys, D.C. Sniper 23 Days of Fear, Jolly Roger's Masaacre at Cutter's Ridge, Psycho 4, Parasite, The Sentinel, Skulls 3 and Thought Crimes.....oh joy.

Come to think of it, sounds just like UHD.

And considering what we have seen as horror movies from UHD - I can only imagine what we will see here....

Daily showings of Saint Sinner, Darkman 3, Decoys, D.C. Sniper 23 Days of Fear, Jolly Roger's Masaacre at Cutter's Ridge, Psycho 4, Parasite, The Sentinel, Skulls 3 and Thought Crimes.....oh joy.

Come to think of it, sounds just like UHD.

I'd still rather watch many of these movies than HGTV or FOOD HD. Or VOOM ULTRA or GAMEPLAY.

I did try to watch "Parasite" last night, but gave up after 7 minutes.

In this corner we have UHD with "Darkman 3" and in the other corner we have FOOD HD with Chuckwagon Cook-off. May the best ... er ... least boring program win.

Yeppir, there is nothing more exciting than to sit on the edge of your couch at 11PM watching to see which 70-75 yr old couple, cooking in a 100+ year old chuckwagon, wins the $200 prize for the best pot of beans.

Hmm well I'd love to have E* add it because I was such a huge fan of Friday the 13th the Series. To see it in HD, and the beautiful Robey in HD, I definitely would flip to that by default if nothing else of interest was on.

Just checked the listings on dtv for chiller today. The thing I see there that I would like the most is the Alfred Hitchcocks. There were a bunch of suspense/sci fi shows in the 50's that would be great on a channel like this. SciFi used to have them late at night. Shows like Lights Out and One Step Beyond. Don't get me wrong, I love to see a picture clearer than reality and get rattled out of my seat. But watching those old shows you see the ideas closer to their inception that just seem to get rehashed all the time now.

I still hope E* will give us Chiller in SD until then. We're big horror fans in my family.

I would LOVE to see Chiller on E* in either SD or HD. MonstersHD is nice but way too much repetition. I mean how many times can I watcht these Chinese Ghost Stories??? The problem with MonstersHD is that their line-up isn't changed on a regular basis. Bring on Chiller...I also liked Friday the 13th The Series, but for other reasons than other members...I would also love to see either MonstersHD or Chiller bring back Werewolf the series. Great series that was on USA Network when I was growing up.

Dish would be smart to put on Chiller in SD now and then add HD as soon as it was available. It would go a long ways towards blunting Directv's marketing claims that the future of HD belongs to them as it would reassure a very strategic audience.

Need satellite help please!

Hello, I am about to purchase a satellite dish and am having trouble choosing between DirecTV and Dish Network? It appears as though Dish Network has many more cool HD channels including Monster HD and all of the Voom channels? Are these availiable on DirecTV? If not will they be when DirecTV launches its additional HD channels this year? I'm having a lot of trouble choosing which dish is right for me and would greatly appreciate any guidance that could be offered.

I switched from DTV to Dish because of the HD available NOW. If you are concerned that the in the future things may change then get Dish without any commitment, some upfront fees, like $49, but you can leave at any time. DTV is a 2 year lock down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)