Chime in those that either switch from fios or to fios from Dish

Riker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
I might be dumping my dish after 17 years as they are just giving me crap about getting the hopper3 on my account AND it's actually cheaper for fios. I'm looking at their quantum 12 tuner unit.
Any insight would be great.
Thanks

I've had both fios and dish the past 4 years at my FL home. I haven't used the unit you mentioned. Picture quality is very good but the internet can be slow at times in serving up pages due to Verizon's use of it's own servers. You have to navigate a phone tree to get to support most of the time, so once you get a direct number, be sure to keep it and use it. I have had to do some battles with Verizon over misbillings, but eventually all was resolved.

I still use fios internet but switched to dish from fios for tv about 4 months ago. Pq was about the same for some channels and some were better on fios and some are better on dish. I had the quantum dvr all in all I'd take the hopper over it any day. The ui wasn't as great and not as much storage. Although you could hook up an external hdd. I am paying alot less to have more channels by having dish for tv and fios for Internet. Their fees for boxes are much higher I paid $40 quantum dvr service fee $20 for the dvr box itself and $15 for the second box and for all that with 50/50 internet and the custom tv I was paying about $170 for about 30 channels. Make sure you have the entire order quoted up for you so you can compare your prices on what you would be getting.

Reactions: Tampa8
So far I've enjoyed fios 50/50 internet and dish together now I'm paying under $100 for at120+ and quantum internet and after the promos are up it'll be around what I was paying for fios tv but with more channels

I might be dumping my dish after 17 years as they are just giving me crap about getting the hopper3 on my account AND it's actually cheaper for fios. I'm looking at their quantum 12 tuner unit.
Any insight would be great.
Thanks

You might be the only person who would have a cheaper bill! :) Are you SURE after all fees etc Fios would be less for you equally compared? In Florida Fios is more expensive, to be around the same cost would mean less channels and likely less equipment. My In-Laws switched to Brighthouse because Fios was actually slow at times something I witnessed on several occasions and their final straw was a second month of the same billing mistake after being assured it was taken care of. Because of that I got Brighthouse for Internet in Fl. and of course DISH for TV.

Reactions: Joe891
Here in northern VA, fios is great for Internet. BUT.

Be sure you price out the first three years, so you can see what costs are after the promotion dies. I had a hard time determining all the costs. And it came out that fios TV, land line and Internet were more expensive than Dish for TV and fios for land line and Internet.

You might be the only person who would have a cheaper bill! :) Are you SURE after all fees etc Fios would be less for you equally compared? In Florida Fios is more expensive, to be around the same cost would mean less channels and likely less equipment. My In-Laws switched to Brighthouse because Fios was actually slow at times something I witnessed on several occasions and their final straw was a second month of the same billing mistake after being assured it was taken care of. Because of that I got Brighthouse for Internet in Fl. and of course DISH for TV.
Agreed. The only difference here is the fios internet is incredible but price for tv with them was way over the top for only 30 channels and 2 boxes with the quantum dvr. Trust me you'll spend alot more having fios for tv if you have equal equipment and a similar channel lineup

Spent a few days checking it and re-checking. I'm paying $117 for 75/75 and telephone (I'm month to month now). If I bump up for 2 years and add tv their ultimate plus all movies with quantum, 12 recorder, It comes in at $205 for two years. I'm guessing that's sans tax so maybe another $15?
The biggest hold up is;stick with familiarity and better equipment or go for less costly, not as new/powerful equipment, but two seasons of top 100 shows on demand etc. Can cancel tv anytime but keep internet and telephone; costs $50 install.

If there is no contract and you can stop TV anytime, sounds like no problem trying it. If the cost is more than it appears you can go back to DISH (or whoever) as a new customer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)