Chimney Install by Contractor

Midwest dxer, I like the array on your avatar is that for tv or for 2 meter 440???
I use a Winegard Hd8200P to TV DX.

It's UHF for TV.The lower 4 are Triax 100 A's for 14-36,and the 2 uppers are Funke widebands for 38-69.The two stacks are joined with a Triax A/E combiner and fed to an EMCEE PA-20U low noise preamp.Turned with a Yaesu G-800DXA on a 60ft Heights Aluminum crank-up.If DX doesn't improve I may dismantle the install.It's been dead for the last 3yrs.

313 DTV's logged from 23 States and I'm No.2 :(

The old antenna may work just fine but the new one should work better,plus,those guys probably won't take that stuff back down and give you your money back.

As tower guy said ,those towers are nasty to climb.I'd rent that 50 footer for half a day and get er done.That tower looks strong enough to be used for a good sized Ham antenna.I'd use it,and slap some new paint on it while you're renting that skyhook :)

I would concur that the photos do appear to indicate that the tower should support a climb with proper gear. I would also agree that you should snap a photo of the three legs attaching to the base. This could be the weakest link of the tower.

If you do not feel comfortable with the climb, consider renting a trailer mounted manlift, lineman or bucket truck. No sure if the terrain will allow, but it would get you up there in a hurry! Here is a link for a rental lift in Ontario

LINK

I must say I do appreciate the link! That is what I need. THANK YOU. When the weather is better (snowing like hell tonight) I will take some good pictures of the base.

That is amazing with such a crowded spectrum!! Were all of those UHF stations? It's hard to believe you don't hold the record.:cool:

No,I probably do hold the record for VHF(27) including four lowbanders(eskip) from Fla,Tx,and two from SD.The record holder is in Macomb,IL and started dxing digital in 98 when they first went onair.I didn't start till 2001.

No,I probably do hold the record for VHF(27) including four lowbanders(eskip) from Fla,Tx,and two from SD.The record holder is in Macomb,IL and started dxing digital in 98 when they first went onair.I didn't start till 2001.

That guy in Macomb has quite a website it is nice. I have done dx as far away as Indianapolis In form the Chiago Area and Green Bay wi, that was on a great tropo day. Dont dismantle the setup it is cool. Keep up the Dxing who know's when the next tropo will roll on in.

That guy in Macomb has quite a website it is nice. I have done dx as far away as Indianapolis In form the Chiago Area and Green Bay wi, that was on a great tropo day. Dont dismantle the setup it is cool. Keep up the Dxing who know's when the next tropo will roll on in.

If I'm not mistaken,he moved to that location specifically to be in a better spot to dx-more open frequencies and more eskip possibilities,not to mention a good tropo path to Texas and the Gulf states.

I guess if I do change things up a bit,I'll stack for shear gain as there will be much less clutter when the Analogs are shut down.I had the 4 Triax band A's vertically stacked a couple years ago just for fun and they worked quite well(around 20+db raw gain before the preamp),but some of my close high-powered analogs were overpowering things a bit.

Greg B

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)