*choice dish for 101

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lme

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
Ontario
I got an old 18x32" *choice, fiberglass but lnbs are missing.
Thinking to use it for 101w or 83w.
What lnbs should I use for it?
The label on the casing of missing (oval shape) lnbs says:
"dual sat quad output switchable Ku lnbf
model name LM-2738-SC
input freq 11.712.2 ghz
output freq 950-1450 mhz(non-stacked)
linear polarization vertical 10-15v, horizontal 16-20
for use with 60E dish only"
I have captain7100usb & cw700s.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Star1.JPG
    Star1.JPG
    454.1 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
You can either replace the Monoblock LNBF for reception of two satellites spaced 3.8 degrees apart (dish is rather small, so several transponders will have low quality) or insert the monoblock and measure the angles and height of the LNBF placement and fashion your own LNBF clamp to hold a traditional 40mm linear LNBF like: GEOSATpro SL1

If the LNB works, just use that one.

I would use to personally on 101 instead of 83 due to the size of the dish. That dish performs like a 24" dish and to get RTV on 83W you need a 30" for sure

Use the "sat b" LNB (normally aimed at 111.1) which is the one straight down the arm (the other is offset) to get 101W. Should work just fine.
10750 LNB frequency
22K needs to be ON

I took a 75e dish and used it for 97 & 101 at one time

thanks.
the lnbs are missing(see pic). It looks that i need new lnb, probably a square one to mount it into the square arm, witch looks to me too long.

If that pic is the stuff you have the lnb is there, it it just missing the plastic casing and the cover over the feedhorns. It should still work fine as is, just put it on the arm and aim dish.

If you can use the existing monoblock, cover the feedhorn openings before exposing to the elements. The LNBFs will die quickly if water enters the feedhorns and leaks into the electronics through the probe insulator.

Thanks guys.
Keith, I paid $20 for the dish, but the new lnb is $60, so i will cover it with something.

The cover over the feed horn will keep out water and insects, but I have used a 60E dish with a missing feed horn cover for about 2 years and it was still working fine when I took it down a few months ago. I mainly used it on 123 until all the good channels left there. For the last year it was up I had it skewed 180 degrees from normal (upside down), and that way rain cannot enter the feed horn.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)