Christmas Music on Sirius or DISH???

dlarruso

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
Hey Fellas,
Need your help- had to convince my wife to make the switch to dish last year- sold her on getting a sweet setup for the house and she is pissed off now (I know this is crazy-LOL) because she LOVES christmas music and our digital cable had a seasons station that they played christmas/holiday music starting around thanksgiving. I can't find anywhere that says that Dish is going to have a holiday/christmas music channel on sirius or the other channels and the wife is all over me about this- Does anyone know if they are have in the past or are going to have a christmas music channel this year?
Thanks
Dlarruso

Ice beat me lol

Hi welcome to satguys. :) The holiday music channel was uplinked today (see uplink report) its on chnl 982. When it becomes avaible thats where you can find it. I know Sirius does there own holiday music as well. Not sure what channel that will be on though. The holiday music channel should be avaible within this week or sometime next week.

Thanks

The collective wisdom of satelliteguy comes through for me again. Just got off the phone with the wife and she is happy- in fact I said "If we get a DVD Recorder- we can even record music to keep on a disk" so maybe that will be my next project to sell her on.

dlarruso said:
The collective wisdom of satelliteguy comes through for me again. Just got off the phone with the wife and she is happy- in fact I said "If we get a DVD Recorder- we can even record music to keep on a disk" so maybe that will be my next project to sell her on.

sirus should start a couple of christmas channels the day after thanksgiving. Usually 3 -4 diffrent channels with diffrent styles (rock, traditional, country).

If they continue the "politically correct" trend as in the past few years, any Christmas songs with overtly religious lyrics will only be instrumental. Guess they don't want to "offend" anybody by admitting that Christmas celebrates the birth of Christ.

Hehe, last year these were up when we signed up o_O I hope they come up again this year (doubt it unless we switch to AT120, and until we redo some stuff I can't do that).

Sirius rawks, but this is one of the very few instances I think comcast here has a neat system o_O They show cover art, history, etc .. Aren't the sirius channels just that thing floating about on the screen?

Be cool if they were a bit more too :D

Pepper said:
If they continue the "politically correct" trend as in the past few years, any Christmas songs with overtly religious lyrics will only be instrumental. Guess they don't want to "offend" anybody by admitting that Christmas celebrates the birth of Christ.
This will be my 1st Christmas holiday with Dish, and I'm wondering if the abovequoted post is true. What about Sirius' holiday music channels, are they similarly PC?

I emailed Sirius and they told me they haven't decided which channel the holiday music will be on but that it will be posted soon on sirius.com.They will probebly have it posted next week.Last year they played it on movineasy channel 6004 on dish.Dish 982 will probebly be on by Monday or Tuesday next week I love that channel.They usually go until January 2 or 3rd too.Sirius needs to do the 5 holiday channel thing like xm is doing.Sirius plays everything Christmas from Percy Faith to Micheal Bolton.Dish plays slightly more standards and softer music like Natalie Cole,Johnny Mathis etc but they also have choirs and instrumentals but their both great channels.Sirius Christmas channel is like what you hear on most Fm radio stations that go all Christmas.

I am currently listening to The Dish Network Holiday Channel on my FTA setup, and I must say that the quality of the Holiday Channel this years seems to have improved, and the Stereo quality is excellent.

I know this borderlines on grey, but since you can get the music channels off FTA...

Last night I tried tuning to channel 982 with our 322, of course it didn't exist and I saw a "you don't have this channel" screen so I hit the guide button to see what channel I was on, and guess what happened..

Music started playing! [channel 981's music, anyway]

I always wondered why the "CD" channels were blocked for us AT60 people but not FTA users :\ *sigh* Guess it's just something they make the receivers do in such a way. (PS: This doesn't work with the SIRIUS channels [though I'm glad it doesn't] -- those aren't FTA I don't think)

Not telling ya guys to do anything stupid. Having the music stats and sirius channels is well worth the money to get AT120 or the music package, which I'll be doing soon.. just a weird bug I noticed o_O

I had the same thing happen by accident on my 522 before I subscribed to the "Everything" package. I can't remember what channel I was looking for, but I wasn't looking for music. But I got some sort of message saying I don't have the channel, yet it played and displayed a Sirius channel anyway. I don't remember which one. Funny glitch.

Aha, maybe an intentional glitch, previewing that helped convince me to upgrade my subscription.... :yes

Trying 982 now got me "Ku'u Papale Lauhala". Heheh. Aloha, Leilani.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I am currently listening to The Dish Network Holiday Channel on my FTA setup, and I must say that the quality of the Holiday Channel this years seems to have improved, and the Stereo quality is excellent.

How do you get the FTA Setup?

Iceberg said:
The holiday channel (982) is always available to everyone (regardless of package)
It is even available on previously activated receivers with no current package at all.

Since Yuletide traditions pre-date Christianity by several hundred years I wouldn't sweat whether the music is appropriate or not. It's us Druids that get left out every year this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)