Churn and Burn!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

MikeDude

Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I love Dtv but I do not love the $500 for the HD DVR and 2 year HD commitment. My local cable charges zero for the HD DVR, I don't own it, if it breaks I have nothing out of pocket, and they are giving me half price on all services for the first year with no contract! That is another $500 I will be saving. :hungry:

I'm out! I'm taking one for the Team! Dtv has gotten to big for their britches! Lease-Smeesh! I'm sending a message they will have to hear! I called today to talk about cancelling and supposedly their computers are down for an upgrade. I wish I could do my computer upgrades in the middle of the day. :D

If they will give me the HD DVR free or cheap I will stay, if not its Churn and Burn baby! :neener

It's like the credit card companies, play one against the other and ride the wave until it breaks, then get on another wave! Viva competition!

Mike

I agree and its the churn and competition that D* is trying to eliminate by locking everyone in with a huge upfront fee and 2 year lease with penalties. I wonder what they are afraid of ? Perhaps they have no intention of ending HDLITE and want to get everyone locked in before the sh*t hits the fan? If thats the case I hope they enjoy all 3 of their high class HD customers. :rolleyes:

I switched to cablevision 2 weeks ago. Signed up for the triple play package. I'm paying $150 a month(that includes the gold package, 1 hd-dvr and 1 sd-dvr, internet, and phone)and I couldn't be happier. I was with directv for 3 years and got fed up with the extra charge for Sunday Ticket in hd, hdlite, and now this lease program just pushed me over the edge. By switching your service you're telling directv enough with all this bull. $499 for a hd-dvr, hdlite, and a 2yr commitment? Or a free hd-dvr with full hd res.,no commitment, and a cheaper monthly price.

WAKE UP DIRECTV!!!!!

Last edited:
I forgot to mention the "no guarantee" of local channels in HD. I phoned Dtv up, I'm 70 ground miles from the nearest town's antennas. They said no guarantee that you will be getting local channels in HD. Your only option is to pay the $499 for the receiver, sign up for the 2 year HD package, then fill out forms that have to be approved by DTv management, the FCC, and Local Affiliates. As my Spanish freind says, that no sound good to me.

Last edited:
168 regular channels, all locals in HD with East and West options, an HD tier of 4 non PPV movie channels, Discovery and TNT HD, a HD DVR, a receiver for an old 13 channel tv in the garage. $56pt a month for the first year! Sweet! Dtv's price would be $75pt a month and $499 for the DVR that may or may not be obsolete in June of 06... and no guarantee of locals! Churn and burn!

Hey! Dtv! :neener

Last edited:
MikeDude said:
168 regular channels, all locals in HD with East and West options, an HD tier of 4 non PPV movie channels, Discovery and TNT HD, a HD DVR, a receiver for an old 13 channel tv in the garage. $56pt a month for the first year! Sweet! Dtv's price would be $75pt a month and $499 for the DVR that may or may not be obsolete in June of 06... and no guarantee of locals! Churn and burn!

Hey! Dtv! :neener

add to the fact the new dvr's and media centers will not be able to view or record shows in 1080p which alot of new hd tv's will be able to display..

and when espn hd goes 1080p this year, no hd for you

somebody up there loves you, bend over

no one but murdoch knows how the irds will be swapped or at what price. the cost you are quoting is NOW. jeez, you cant wait 6 months and see what deals they offer??

oh and the media center is going to cost around TWO GRAND

somebody up there does love the ones that will wait a bit,,,,IMHO

moqz1001 said:
add to the fact the new dvr's and media centers will not be able to view or record shows in 1080p which alot of new hd tv's will be able to display..

and when espn hd goes 1080p this year, no hd for you

Is there any receiver (cable, OTA, sat) that is 1080p capable? Or can record 1080p? This seems like a petty thing to be concerned about at this point.

When is ESPN going to 1080p? Who does ESPN think will want to broadcast 1080p? Hardly anyone is showing it at full 1080i resolution already.

I'm all for 1080p becoming the standard, but I don't see that happening for some time. Sure there are TVs that can upconvert 1080i to show 1080p, but it's going to be a while before 1080p is broadcast in many areas.

-JustBob

JustBob said:
When is ESPN going to 1080p? Who does ESPN think will want to broadcast 1080p? Hardly anyone is showing it at full 1080i resolution already.
-JustBob

Why would anyone show ESPNHD at "full 1080i resolution" when it broadcasts at 720p?

dragon002 said:
no one but murdoch knows how the irds will be swapped or at what price. the cost you are quoting is NOW. jeez, you cant wait 6 months and see what deals they offer??

oh and the media center is going to cost around TWO GRAND

somebody up there does love the ones that will wait a bit,,,,IMHO

because they NEVER DO ANYTHING ON TIME

website = 9 months late, aand is not what promised

r15 = 5 months late, and now what they promised

sd locals where i lived = 6 months late

hddvr was supposed be last year = so that 1 year late

medica center = 1 year late plus

svc = over 6 months late and running

and on and on and on ......................................................................

my dad always taught me, only say something when you mean it AND know 100% you can deliver it

if you are not sure, do not make false promises, say honestly ... we are looking at this time frame, if directv did that, very few people would have a complaint, because then they would been honest, but now and so on they have lied

and when equipment coming out .. will not be compatiable with all gd tv's out there

GeorgeLV said:
Why would anyone show ESPNHD at "full 1080i resolution" when it broadcasts at 720p?

because verzion fios will be offering it this year 1080P ON ESPN HD

Last edited:
moqz1001 said:
because they NEVER DO ANYTHING ON TIME

AND ECHOSTAR DOES?

WHO CARES

WHAT DID THEY PROMISE?

WHERE ARE YOU< THEY HAVE 93% COVERED.

HDDVR< YA WANNA PAY BIG $$$ OR WAIT A WHILE?

AGAIN, THAT THING IS NOT GONNA BE FREE OR A SELF INSTALL ITEM YOU ARE LOOKING AT 2000 PLUS INSTALL COSTS.

SVC, WHAT IS THAT?

and on and on and on ......................................................................

my dad always taught me, only say something when you mean it AND know 100% you can deliver it

if you are not sure, do not make false promises, say honestly ... we are looking at this time frame, if directv did that, very few people would have a complaint, because then they would been honest, but now and so on they have lied

and when equipment coming out .. will not be compatiable with all gd tv's out there

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dragon002 said:

well dragon breath here are the facts

AND ECHOSTAR DOES?

WHO CARES
---DIRECT CROWED IN AN EMAIL WHOLE NEW WEBITE BY A FIXED DATE, THEY NOT ONLY DID NOT AND WAS 9 MONTHS LATE, THE WEBSITE IS NOT ALL NEW AT ALL.. AND WHY IT IS IMPORTANT, IF YOU HAD A BRAIN, IF YOU CANT DELIVER DO NOT PROMISE, AND IF THEY CAN NOT FULLFILL A PROMISE ON TIME , THEN HOW CAN BE THEY BE TRUSTED TO FOLLOW A PROMISE ON STAS, HD, DVRS AND ETC....?

WHAT DID THEY PROMISE?
-- A DVR THAT WOULD RECORD SHOWS, AND ETC.. WHICH 90% TIME IT FOULS UP

WHERE ARE YOU< THEY HAVE 93% COVERED.
--- WE HAVE LOCALS NOW.. THE POINT IS, THEY ALLOWED A SAT TO BE LAUNCHED THAT THEY KNEW FROM 1 MONTH EARLIER WOULD NOT WORK (THIS WAS 2 YEARS AGO) SO THEY HAD TO DITCH IT FOR A NOTHER ONE, A SMART COMPANY DOES NOT DO THAT.. MEANING AS SOON AS THEY SEE SAME SAT THEY SENDIN UP THAT ALREADY PROVED WONT WORK, THEY ABANDON IT ASAP.. NOT WAIT TILL AFTER IT WAS LAUNCHED....

HDDVR< YA WANNA PAY BIG $$$ OR WAIT A WHILE?
---- I WANT WHAT PROMISED ON DATES THEY SAY IT BE OUYT, NOT DELAYS... AND WE WILL BE PAYING BIG BUCKS FOR THE, PAYINT THREIR FULL PRICE FOR A DVR(READ THEIR OPDF ON THEIR DVR COST) AND ON TOP A LEASE FEE, WHO IN WORLD BUYS SOMETHIN AT A LEASE FOR FULL PRICE AND THEN HAS PAY LEASE FEE AND RETURN IT WHEN DONE HUH ??????????????????

AGAIN, THAT THING IS NOT GONNA BE FREE OR A SELF INSTALL ITEM YOU ARE LOOKING AT 2000 PLUS INSTALL COSTS.
--- IF THEIT=R LOOKIN AT 2 GRAND PLUS INSTALL, THEN DIRECTV CAN KISS THREIR RUMPS GOODBYE, WRE ARE BUYING A SERVICE, IT IS UP TO DIRECTV TO PROVIDE ALL EQUIPMENT AT 0 COST FOR US TOP ACCESS THEIR SERVICE, AND THEN CHARGE US A NOMINAL MONTLY LEASE FEE.. NOT YTRIPLE PROFIRON 1 PIECE OF EQUPMENT

SVC, WHAT IS THAT?
-- WELL IF UW AS IN SAT IUDKNOW ... SIGNIFACANTLY VIEWED CHANNELS

Last edited:
tsk, tsk, personal attacks will get you nowhere!

the website is not relevant., it does not carry programming, forget about it.

ive got an R-10 AND an R-15 mine seem to work just fine., both of my sons ages 8 and 11 can work them just fine. we havent had a screw up yet.

what bird did they launch that didnt work....this is news to me!

again, wait for the conversions, they will be minimal cost or free, IMO.

as far as the HMC, scott g already posted 2 weeks ago it will probably cost 2400

local in local??, who gives a crap!

and dude please , spell check is on the lower right, PLEASE USE IT!

dragon002 said:
tsk, tsk, personal attacks will get you nowhere!

the website is not relevant., it does not carry programming, forget about it.

ive got an R-10 AND an R-15 mine seem to work just fine., both of my sons ages 8 and 11 can work them just fine. we havent had a screw up yet.

what bird did they launch that didnt work....this is news to me!

again, wait for the conversions, they will be minimal cost or free, IMO.

as far as the HMC, scott g already posted 2 weeks ago it will probably cost 2400

local in local??, who gives a crap!

and dude please , spell check is on the lower right, PLEASE USE IT!

local in to local who gives a crap? that shows your lack of iq.

which bird, hhmmmmm why not do research ,, they had redo another and launch it 6 months late

and you sir a liar, cause ud be the only one whose r15 is working fine 100% as u claimed

now on to the hddvr & hmc & pro, o yes 2400 hundred bucks for an hmc and 500 for a dvr and god knows how much for the pro, that will not be able to view and record every signal out there, amongst who knows what they convienetly leave out

and of course they will make new models yearly, conviently leave features out that are needed to be able used today, wont be able to software ugrade that feature into the units,

and will have keep sell/lease new stuff all the time, directv is supposed be a service, they are tryin make more profit on equipment than on channels or etc

and you obviously are one of the many,"who cares, company lies o well" sorry i dont go for that, im old school, hand shake and what i say is my bond, not new schooll of lies and excuses

Last edited:
moqz1001 said:
local in to local who gives a crap? that shows your lack of iq.

which bird, hhmmmmm why not do research ,, they had redo another and launch it 6 months late

and you sir a liar, cause ud be the only one whose r15 is working fine 100% as u claimed

now on to the hddvr & hmc & pro, o yes 2400 hundred bucks for an hmc and 500 for a dvr and god knows how much for the pro, that will not be able to view and record every signal out there, amongst who knows what they convienetly leave out

and of course they will make new models yearly, conviently leave features out that are needed to be able used today, wont be able to software ugrade that feature into the units,

and will have keep sell/lease new stuff all the time, directv is supposed be a service, they are tryin make more profit on equipment than on channels or etc

and you obviously are one of the many,"who cares, company lies o well" sorry i dont go for that, im old school, hand shake and what i say is my bond, not new schooll of lies and excuses

put the crack pipe down, use spell check, or QUIT POSTING!

Another sub that has nothing good to say yet for some strange reason still has D*? Guffy, Vurbano, here is another member of the club. Really if you need to bitch about the website you have issues.

FlyingJ said:
Another sub that has nothing good to say yet for some strange reason still has D*? Guffy, Vurbano, here is another member of the club. Really if you need to bitch about the website you have issues.

jay,

at least vurbano and guffy are coherent and can actually make sentences! this guy is a moron.

dragon002 said:
put the crack pipe down, use spell check, or QUIT POSTING!
I didn't want this to be my first post, I lurked for a very long time before finally joining. I joined with the intention of possibly becoming a pub member, after getting a better feel for the site. Now I start with a post like this.

I don't understand you dragon. You seem to be a an intelligent person and I have found many of your posts useful but lately the fighting with vurbano and high jacking of threads has gotten to be a bit much. Please don't mistake this for an attack, just see it as an outsides view. As I said, you do have great input and info but you now seem to be more of a fan boy for D*. Personal attacks and spelling corrections are nothing more than flame bait and a lowering of ones own self.

Get over it, my D* isn't the greatest, cable isn't much better and E* has become a bunch of pirates. The whole industry is fubared. I don't defend or push any company/product. I simply purchase what works for me and if someone asks I'll give my experience with the product. You're happy with D*, we're happy you're happy, now how about just going back to your constructive posts and stop all the defending of D* at every chance you get. I just don't understand the defenders of products, are they trying to justify their purchase or their career choices? Just try getting along with people that have, god forbid, different opinions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts