CID works on Clients but no longer on HR44

RLM

Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
I chose the HR44 because it has a phone jack, and used to work with CID (sort of, don't disable it). It is really annoying at least to me that Direct TV says LAN lines are no longer applicable. That is what happens when you have a bunch of tech savvy millennial's making decisions. They think they know everything.

Anyway with the last update CID no longer works on the Genie HR44, however, it still works on on 4 of my clients. What is going on!

They keep making these disruptive changes especially with the last update.

Comments?

If you think its a bunch of tech savvy millennials making the decisions, boy do I have a bridge to sell you in Alaska. That is a whopper! Caller ID has been disabled for years. No getting it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CID worked on the HR44 until July, 2019 when they did the new upgrade. Now it is gone. Talking to the ATT, Direct TV senior support staff (Office of the President), they tell me that LAN lines are no longer relevant, not so! Maybe all the ATT customers who use ATT LAN lines should disconnect their services to see how relevant LAN really is.

CID still shows up on the Clients boxes, C51-100's.

CID worked on the HR44 until July, 2019 when they did the new upgrade. Now it is gone. Talking to the ATT, Direct TV senior support staff (Office of the President), they tell me that LAN lines are no longer relevant, not so! Maybe all the ATT customers who use ATT LAN lines should disconnect their services to see how relevant LAN really is.

CID still shows up on the Clients boxes, C51-100's.
Most of those using landlines have disconnected and IF they need phone lines have been moved over to VOIP lines ...
Which I never really understood, seeing we have to support the line regardless, doesn't matter what its being used for.

My CID on my HR44 has been gone for a long time, but then so has my landline.

VOIP is Comcast (ATT no VOIP, poor internet speeds), and requires connection to routers. LAN lines are still convenient and at least for us are used in our security systems, faxes, and places where VOIP connections are not possible because of locations. I would love to disconnect all my LAN lines, 4 of them, and save myself $160 a month.

Most of those using landlines have disconnected and IF they need phone lines have been moved over to VOIP lines ...
Which I never really understood, seeing we have to support the line regardless, doesn't matter what its being used for.

My CID on my HR44 has been gone for a long time, but then so has my landline.

Yep, You cant even buy a landline POTS line anymore. CenturyLink here no longer offers them here. They will sell you a voip product in its place. They do that because the infrastructure for copper is so expensive to maintain. The copper plants have deteriorated so much that they would have to essentially rebuild the entire system if they wanted to maintain that level of service. So in an effort to keep costs down they will give you a voip product over DSL as instead of having to do copper from the CO to you, they can do fiber from the CO to the Neighborhood and use copper for the last mile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost every alarm system will use VOIP now. Most newer ones don’t even use phones line anyway. They use Ethernet and cell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)