Cincinnati HD Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jimbo7444

Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Dallas, Tx
How long must I wait for Cincy HD Locals. my patience is running thin and I don't have a contract. I have no idea why I wait and hope that they'll get it together. Oh I've got it...I know now. Cincinnati is such a small little farm town that it's just not worth it. FEB 1st better come with something or the time is up. I think I've been waiting for Cincy Local HD's since beginning of 2007. DN is like a big money sucking game where you get no prize. And how can they continue to boast when you call them that they are the leader in HD and DVR technology. That is laughable. I think I'll start a fast food chain and day one of business I'll say over a billion served, just because I can and no one will call me out on it.

I am a bit north of Cincy (actually closer to Dayton that Cincy but for some reason am still listed in the Cincy viewing area for cable and Dish). For 20 bucks I picked up a interior HD antenna and get the local Cincy AND Dayton channels (including about 8 PBS channels). I have the 622 and it works fine, even giving me the guide information for OTA channels.

Murphy's Law says that we should get Cincinnati HD locals soon. I just had an antenna installed in the attic so I could get locals in HD. That should prompt them to hurry and get Cincinnati HD locals.

That's called "Taking one for the team." :)

// ScottA

I'm in one of the Dayton 'burbs and I don't expect to see Dayton locals in HD for quite a while. My OTA gets all the Dayton, the 1 Springfield and all the PBS stations mentioned earlier.

I'm on the West Side (about 11-12 miles from towers per antennaweb.) This spring I'm planning on getting antenna for OTA. (I've seen a lot of recommendations for Channel Master 4221/4228)...

My question is if anyone knows whether any of our locals will be switching frequencies as part of the analog-to-digital transition? I don't want to get an antenna that can't pick up all the appropriate frequencies (UHF/VHF). Anyone know?

Thanks

I'm on the West Side (about 11-12 miles from towers per antennaweb.) This spring I'm planning on getting antenna for OTA. (I've seen a lot of recommendations for Channel Master 4221/4228)...

My question is if anyone knows whether any of our locals will be switching frequencies as part of the analog-to-digital transition? I don't want to get an antenna that can't pick up all the appropriate frequencies (UHF/VHF). Anyone know?

Thanks

It seems that all the local OTA from Cincy are digital. I am unable to get channel 9, but I have heard that there are some issues with getting that one over the air for some reason or another.

Channel 9 is VHF while all of the others are UHF. I was told by Dish Network in 2006 that I'd have the locals in HD by the end of 2006... And then they kept dragging it out further and further, and now we're not even on their radar.

My contract is up in August of this year, so that's the do or die time for Dish Network, as far as I'm concerned. D* has had the Cincinnati locals for quite some time now (I want to say about 2 years).

Channel 9 is VHF while all of the others are UHF.

And in February, 2009, WKRC-DT (now on UHF channel 31) is going to VHF channel 12 (were WKRC-TV is now).

I was told by Dish Network in 2006 that I'd have the locals in HD by the end of 2006... And then they kept dragging it out further and further, and now we're not even on their radar.

DISH could not come to an agreement with the parent company of at least one of the Cincinnati stations. That is why we were "skipped". As for not being on their RADAR, that is just not true.

Bill, do you know which one? I'd like to call, email or write that channel to express to them that I would like to have hd locals via Dish.

Thanks

Like others have mentioned, WCPO-DT (9) is the only current VHF channel in Cincinnati. From the reports I read, WKRC-DT (12) will shift to VHF when analog is shut down.

// Scott A

Like others have mentioned, WCPO-DT (9) is the only current VHF channel in Cincinnati. From the reports I read, WKRC-DT (12) will shift to VHF when analog is shut down.

// Scott A

I use a rabbit ears and I get pretty good HD reception.
But WCPO CH 9 is the one with most poor signals of all the Cincinnati and I live in Mt Washington it is so bad that I don't watch the HD feed but than I don't watch much of what ABC has to show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)