Cincinnati Locals in HD

I'll give you two reasons: WLWT and WKRC. :)

Both these channels will not allow Dish to carry the channel without major consessions including carrying the secondary channels. WKRC DT2 is the CinCW and WLWT is has NBC Weather Plus.

I also think that WCPO which is owned by Hearst wants it secondary channel up and I think Hearst wants something else too, but I haven't been able to confirm that.

Finally WXIX 19 for a while had "The Tube" as its DT2 and it wanted that channel carried as well.

The local channels, charged with serving the public in this are are the main obstacle to HD channels in this area via Dish. Cincinnati has been passed over twice in the last 15 months for HD locals.

See ya
Tony
WCPO is owned by Scripps. WLWT is owned by Hearst. WKRC was sold by Clear Channel to NewportTV who then cut over 10% of the staff.

Thanks

I ALWAYS make the same mistake and get the two mixed up (5 and 9). Yes I knew that 9 was owned by scripps and 5 by Hearst! Next time I type out the same message I bet I will make the same mistake again!

BTW, I don't know if anyone remembers when Cincinnati SD locals were put up on Dish... 5 (NBC) was not with the other three at launch! Hearst was holding out for LMN to be added to Dish's line-up.

See ya
Tony

I'd love to have the ability to record 3 HD local channels at once.

The problem is not local. The problem is with the owners of the stations.

B
BTW WCPO is owned by Scripps, not Hearst. Sorry for the mistake. Scripps owns DIY and HGTV. Hearst owns WLWT, Lifetime, LMN and Real Women. WKRC is owned by Clear Channel and they own half the broadcasting world.

See ya
Tony

Clear Channel no longer owns WKRC TV they had to sell it.
I can't remember why I think it has to do with how many stations you can own at one time.

Clear Channel no longer owns WKRC TV they had to sell it.
I can't remember why I think it has to do with how many stations you can own at one time.

Had nothing to do with that per se but the business plan changed when they went private and divsted most if not all of their television stations to focus on radio. However due to the same merger agreement they will have to divest either 700 WLW & Kiss 107 or 92.5 the Fox and Radio 94.1. Rumors of potential buyers were Tribune, Bonneville, & The Reds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)