Cinemax-HD East: Once Upon a Time in Mexico 10pm EDT

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
B0000WN140.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Summary: Guns, guns, guns! And a few explosions as bodies fly through the air and crash into tables and fruit stands. Once Upon a Time in Mexico, like all Robert Rodriguez movies, is all about the kinetic kick of high-velocity action. Johnny Depp, blase and whimsical, plays a CIA agent who's drawn guitar-playing gun-slinger Antonio Banderas (long black hair flopping over his face like the ears of a Labrador puppy) into a ridiculously convoluted plot to overthrow the Mexican government. Along for the ride are a craggy-faced rogue's gallery including Willem Dafoe, Mickey Rourke, Danny Trejo, Ruben Blades, and (to balance things out) the smooth, tantalizing complexions of Eva Mendes and Salma Hayek. For sheer trashy fun, Once Upon a Time in Mexico is a step down from its predecessor, Desperado--but Desperado set the bar pretty high. For coherent storytelling, look elsewhere, but for action razzle-dazzle, this is your movie. --Bret Fetzer

I think Rodriquez tries to get to artsy with this film, however it's still good, the Desperado trilogy is excellent (which he had a bigger budget for the first), love Johnny D and Banderas, I hope Rodriguez keeps making western type action flicks with different characters same actors... look forward to how the HD transfer will be.

Once Upon a Time in Mexico - 10pm Cinemax HD

Premiere was tonight, I watched it, good HD transfer except: Pixelation and tons of it, I'm curious to see if when they switch it to HBO later on in the year if it will still have pixelation like this. Mainly in some of the action sequences, I've seen worse. Unfortunately, as I sat down to watch this I had 2 pineapple rum drinks, and some Bombay Sapphire, by the end of the movie, I could have sworn the pixelation had left. Remember, friends don't let friends HD with drinks?

EDIT: Sorry merge threads please, for some reason didn't see it still up on the sticky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)