Cinemax HD ?

This one burns me a bit.

Dish is collecting my money for Cinemax.

Dish is collecting my extra premium payment for HD channels.

But they don't give me Cinemax HD.

But you wouldn't get the Premium HD channels if you wouldn't subscribe to the Premium channels. The HD Pack doesn't include them.

The Movie Channel HD??? Where is it? Seems we're paying for that too.

Yes, this is another channel that we are paying for and not getting.

People who have the AEP + HD pack are being ripped off by not getting Cinemax HD and TMC HD. Dish is collecting our payment for those channels and for HD programming, they have transmission rights for those channels, but are not providing them to us.

People who have the AEP + HD pack are being ripped off by not getting Cinemax HD and TMC HD. Dish is collecting our payment for those channels and for HD programming, they have transmission rights for those channels, but are not providing them to us.

Sucks to be us.

Are you sure?

If that's the case, making noise to the CEOs of those channels might stir up some big trouble for Dish. Right now wouldn't be the best time for some negative publicity for Dish either.

Are you sure?

If that's the case, making noise to the CEOs of those channels might stir up some big trouble for Dish. Right now wouldn't be the best time for some negative publicity for Dish either.

Even if true it makes little difference. These are not advertiser supported channels. As long as they are getting their money from Dish, why should they care?

NightRyder

They would not care at all. There is no extra premium for E* to pay for the HD channels, they are included in the Cinemax and TMC contracts. There is no obligation to air the channels. E* doesn't have to air any of the channels.

This is why the HD pack is $20 for all - both for those with AT100 and those with AEP. There is no extra HD fee for Showtime, HBO, Starz, etc. Their HD channels are included if you sub to those premium tiers.

Same for Cinemax and TMC HD. Anyone who gets the SD versions of these channels is already paying for the HD channels. And if you are paying the $20 HD pack fee, then you are also already paying the HD upcharge.

With the new MPEG4 encoding, it would seem that E* could put these channels onto existing transponders.

Hey, if E* isn't going to give us sports, they should at least give us HD movies.

NightRyder said:
Even if true it makes little difference. These are not advertiser supported channels. As long as they are getting their money from Dish, why should they care?

NightRyder

They would not care at all. There is no extra premium for E* to pay for the HD channels, they are included in the Cinemax and TMC contracts. There is no obligation to air the channels. E* doesn't have to air any of the channels.

Their HD channels are included if you sub to those premium tiers.

Same for Cinemax and TMC HD. Anyone who gets the SD versions of these channels is already paying for the HD channels. And if you are paying the $20 HD pack fee, then you are also already paying the HD upcharge.

Well even if not advertiser supported, some are in competition with each other and none of these channels want the negative publicity from customers that are "paying" for their package of channels but not receiving all the benifits.

I would think the channel owners would insist in their contracts that Dish provide ALL of the channels in the contract. If the customer doesn't have HD yet, then he doesn't miss the channel and nothing is lost but if he does have HD and is paying for the HD version but Dish isn't passing it through......well I expect others might feel similar to how I do at the momentl - like dropping that whole premium package.

I disagree. I think it does make a difference to the owners - especially if they think customers might drop their package of channels because Dish is not providing All the channels the customer is paying for. Personally I think this could be a bombshell if enough other AEP - HD subs get wind of it.

I know for one, I just assumed the owners charged extra for the HD feed (sort of like NESN) and Dish was too cheap to pay it. This is a whole nuther story and I don't like it one bit.

I think a good place to start is some kind of poll / thread to see just how many other AEP-HD subs weren't aware of this. Go ahead Tom, you're good at setting up polls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts