Circular and Linear

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnny_baker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
is it possible to get circular channels on a linier lnb if u are pointed at the right sat..aprox haw many?? i have a sc duel beer can lnbs..thanks

you may be able to get a couple of the free channels but the signal is very low. I have been able to get NASA on Dish 119 (which is free) but at 1/2 the power I normally would

But sometimes it wont come in on a scan at all :(

Sometimes! I can get NASA TV on 119º w using a Linear LNBF, but I can't get GOL TV on 110º Just depends where you are in the country and the adjacent satellites!

Always worth a try!

ok what would i set the lnb frequency be? close as i can to 12242 or so? also will my singal or quality bar show anything when i hit the sat???

I left it at 10750, but don't give up until you also try 11250 as the L.O.

Only if it works in your area (May not) and if you hit a live transponder!

i wil try and hit 82 today and see if it shows up in red, i will set it to standard and try 10750 and 11250 and hopefully hit some red bars. i can get 82 on my bell dish with wicked singal so i asume i can get a few channels with the linier too i hope??

also why is it that u can pick up circular channelson a linier lnb??? is it the frequency?

yes its the frequency. But since linear polarity and circualr polarity are different, thats why if you get a signal it will be very low

so when i use my 18' circular to hit 82 it goes all green bars, if i use my linier u are saying that i will get green bars but just a low singal. is this correct???

possibly. I don't know. I haven't tried that in a while. I just aim the dish where it shuld be and scan :)

With Blind scan it will scan the whole satellite finding any new transponders.

Sat Scan will only scan the transponders already loaded on the receiver.

linier lnb for circular singal

tried to get 91 and 82 yesterday and getting no results with blind scan or sat scan???

You will not get 91/82 with a linear lnb...you need a circular one. Polarities are just different.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts