Circular Polarization List?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

equant

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Tucson, AZ
Is there a list of the FTA channels (available to North America) that use circular polarization? I want to see if it´s worth the extra cost for me to get a system that can do both circular and linear.

Thanks

Nathan
KE7BOJ
Tucson, AZ USA

goto lyngsat.com and look for sats listing in R/L insted of H/V

61.5, 82, 91, 101, 110, 119, 129, 148

are the ones I can think of.

there is very little fta on circular, there is nasa, and sometimes goltv, once in a blue moon bev/dish accidentally take the encryption off some of their chanels, but it doesnt last long.

There's a thread in the FAQ section where Iceberg lists the actual channels on each bird.
I'd say unless NASA, GOL, or Angel 1 appeal, you can pretty much skip circular.
But it's all personal taste... and sometimes the enjoyment of the hunt. :)

I subscribe anyway, so when I want to see any of the above, I don't need my FTA receiver.

Dish Home (this is the 6 channel screen) is really nice to add to your fta channel list... It's quite handy at various times to see cnn/fox news on there and/or espn at times... even if the screens on each channel are too small to really read the tickers running along the screen

Thanks for the replies. It looks like an easy decision for most. I'd really like GOL tv though. Rats!

Anyway, thanks again for the replies.

Nathan

have it your way

Were you trying to decide between a linear only or a combo LNB?
No one will criticize you for getting the combo.
I might eventually get one to play with.
It does open up more experimental opportunities.

But, there's also nothing wrong with tossing up a dedicated dish for GOL or NASA.
No need to rush out and buy any hardware... as time goes by, those little dishes fall into your hands.
Once you're looking for them, you'll find them laying around.

There's even another thread here about using 'em for various purposes.

Is there a list of the FTA channels (available to North America) that use circular polarization? I want to see if it´s worth the extra cost for me to get a system that can do both circular and linear.

Thanks

Nathan
KE7BOJ
Tucson, AZ USA

If you plan to get an FTA system anyway, there is really no added cost for circular. Just get an unsued Dish Network LNB and strap it alongside your regular one:

http://www.pbase.com/wtracyparnell/image/48298233

Don't forget there are some music channels on those sats that are not encrypted.
If you enjoy a varity of music having an extra dish pointed at one of them can be worth the effort. Although, 97W has a lot of music channels too. (but, seems like most are not in English)
grusome

Anole, thanks for those links. I had global's main list bookmarked but had never noticed the list with music listings.

If you plan to get an FTA system anyway, there is really no added cost for circular. Just get an unsued Dish Network LNB and strap it alongside your regular one:

I recently strapped on an old Directv lnb. Check to see if freecycle.org is active in your area and post a wanted ad for dn or dtv dishes. I had a handful of replies when I did. The only cost was extra cable, a hose clamp and a diseq switch.

or if you live in an area that recently got HD locals you can find single LNB setups and Phase III everywhere. Just got 3 single and 2 Phase III last nite :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts