City to fine residents for non working satellite dishes

They just hope people return them or they don't question LNBF non-return fees and just pay and shut up. Which is how must of these matters in life depend upon.
which is why it gives me great joy to see satellite companies getting fined for abandoned dishes

if i lived in a area with such a law i would put up some unused dishes just to tick them off.

aerial wires are all those from the utility pole to my home

if i lived in a area with such a law i would put up some unused dishes just to tick them off.

aerial wires are all those from the utility pole to my home
I guess you park abandoned cars in your front yard to..p.s.it is the Satellite company that gets in trouble..not the home owner

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

I guess you park abandoned cars in your front yard to..p.s.it is the Satellite company that gets in trouble..not the home owner

Absolutely not true, especially since customers can install their own dish and it is their property. Even the title of this thread says "fine residents". Where the hell are you getting your info?

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Absolutely not true, especially since customers can install their own dish and it is their property. Even the title of this thread says "fine residents". Where the hell are you getting your info?

And he started the thread.

Reactions: ChadT41
from the article..they want to fine the providers (implied if they don't remove them)

Boston passed an ordinance requiring satellite companies remove the dishes when a customer cancels service, according to the New York Times.

Easton City Council Wednesday night send a strong signal to owners of kaput satellite dishes that sprout like weeds on rooftops, especially in densely populated neighborhoods like the West Ward and the South Side: Tear down those eyesores.

What you posted was from Boston. And it's unenforceable to the satellite companies as the antennas are not owned by the companies. So, again, I say, what the hell are you talking about.

The further statement that they are fining the satellite companies is wrong. As posted in the link I showed, that the FCC already ruled against that. That is very relevant. Even in the title of the thread, it claims that they are fining residents, because every municipal better know they will get nowhere fining the companies.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I agree, he can't seem to keep track.... The story in question suggests they plan to fine the residents. That same story mentions a similar rule from Boston that does target the satellite companies. Again, in either case, the only "BS" is the stupidity of this town, Boston, and so on who didn't do research. Or, like someone said (Juan?), they just hope that they can get some fines, dishes removed, etc before someone catches on.

It's like the signs dump-truck operators put on the backs of their trucks - "Stay back 500'. Not responsible for objects thrown from truck." Uhhhh, yeah, you are and a silly sign doesn't absolve you of that. But, many will see it through their broken windshield, caused by a rock that flew out of that dump truck, and think, "damn, they're not responsible".

I agree, he can't seem to keep track.... The story in question suggests they plan to fine the residents. That same story mentions a similar rule from Boston that does target the satellite companies. Again, in either case, the only "BS" is the stupidity of this town, Boston, and so on who didn't do research. Or, like someone said (Juan?), they just hope that they can get some fines, dishes removed, etc before someone catches on.

It's like the signs dump-truck operators put on the backs of their trucks - "Stay back 500'. Not responsible for objects thrown from truck." Uhhhh, yeah, you are and a silly sign doesn't absolve you of that. But, many will see it through their broken windshield, caused by a rock that flew out of that dump truck, and think, "damn, they're not responsible".

Exactly right. That "stay back" sign wouldn't hold up against a decent lawyer.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

The further statement that they are fining the satellite companies is wrong. As posted in the link I showed, that the FCC already ruled against that. That is very relevant. Even in the title of the thread, it claims that they are fining residents, because every municipal better know they will get nowhere fining the companies.
That's the plan..weather it works or even legal is another story..all I did was post an article for discussion...sorry charlie..didn't mean sound like you were going to have to spend money

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)