Clarification on Sports Pack

Status
Please reply by conversation.

grifta67

Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
Hey all,

I know this is an intermitant topic on the board as I read through the few other threads about this. I just wanted to clarify what I've gathered from the others.

What I would love to do is be able to watch Pittsburgh Penguins games. I live in Cleveland, OH (area code 216, zip 44107). The way I understand is that if we subscribe to the sports pack, all we're going to get is the useless generic Fox Sports Pittsburgh shows and the channel will go dark once a Pens game begins. Am I correct that my only real option is to buy Center Ice?

As far as I understand, my only other option is to "move" to Pittsburgh, but then we'd lose our true local channels here in Cleveland.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the replies
-Sean

Are there any towns about halfway in between that get both Cleveland and Pittsburgh sports channels to which you could "move"? Once Significantly Viewed is implemented, you may also get some extras locals, as well.

I agree that this as a stupid thing they are doing, If you want to watch your favoritwe team and buy the RSN package, YOU SHOULD get all the programming, what good does it do to get the pre and post stuff when you are paying extra for the programming.

Very stupid,
Although D* wont give me my Red Wings games on FS Detroit, (I am in NW ohio) I have talked to a customer that told me he has the Sports Pack and he DOES get the Wings games on FSD, so I think that they can do it if they want.

Jimbo

yeah if you are cosidered part of that dma you will get the events on that sports channel otherwise you have to subscribe to the subsquent sports package to get that game. I think it has more the do with the league plugging their sports subscription package than anything else. If people could get all of the rangers games on MSG they wouldn't subscribe to NHL Center Ice.

Actually you are considered part of the Penguins territory so you will get the games by subscribing to the sports pack, they will not be blacked out. If you go to the Directv sports website you can plug in your zip to see what pro teams claim you as part of their home territory.

penguins

That is correct .. subscribe to the sports pack and you will pick up all the Cleveland sports, also Columbus Blue Jackets AND Pittsburgh Penguins. Sometimes you get lucky .. I live in Iowa and get Blues, Cardinals, White Sox, Bulls, Cubs, Black Hawks, Brewers, Twins, Timberwolves, Twins, and Wild. I get Comcast Chicago, Fox Midwest, and Fox North ... none of which are blacked out. All check you zips to see what you get. But YOU get the Penguins.

gopherscot said:
That is correct .. subscribe to the sports pack and you will pick up all the Cleveland sports, also Columbus Blue Jackets AND Pittsburgh Penguins. Sometimes you get lucky .. I live in Iowa and get Blues, Cardinals, White Sox, Bulls, Cubs, Black Hawks, Brewers, Twins, Timberwolves, Twins, and Wild. I get Comcast Chicago, Fox Midwest, and Fox North ... none of which are blacked out. All check you zips to see what you get. But YOU get the Penguins.

I'm 50 yards from the michigan line in NW Ohio, ansd cannot get the Red Wings FSN, Only the Ohio, 3 hrs away and Cincy 41/2 hours away.
BTW Detroit, 50 minutes on a bad day :no :mad: :rolleyes: :confused:

It apperently goes by zip codes not distance.

Jimbo

I live in Alaska and added the Multi Sports Pack a couple days ago to be able to watch games from my home town in the lower 48. So far ALL NHL and NBA games on the FSN channels have been blacked out. According to the Directv website, the only team my zip code falls under is the Seattle Mariners.

tracer197 said:
I live in Alaska and added the Multi Sports Pack a couple days ago to be able to watch games from my home town in the lower 48. So far ALL NHL and NBA games on the FSN channels have been blacked out. According to the Directv website, the only team my zip code falls under is the Seattle Mariners.

You need Center Ice ($159) and League Pass ($189). Otherwise you only get the games for the teams that claim you as your local market, which are none of the ones you're looking for in your case.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts