clark belt

Status
Please reply by conversation.
We will need to ask the "Tux" if we can use his list of FTA channels, its a lot easier for new punters to read!

True, but a question like that doesn't take much effort to research yourself.
Don't get me wrong, I love nothing more than helping people who are stuck, but they have to research some things for themselves or this place will be over run with people asking questions like "How do I breathe?"

All he had to do was read the FAQ section.

PSB said:
We will need to ask the "Tux" if we can use his list of FTA channels, its a lot easier for new punters to read!
Content-wise I have absolutely no problem, but... I don't want my home server posted to the public area mainly because I don't want EarthLink eventually calling me up if I get many hits. I see LyngSat's popularity and while that's world-wide, a large portion is hits regarding US viewers.

So we're left with two options:

Someone can mirror it. It would be 21 pages considering all possible CGI parameter combinations + the "summary info" page. Plus, it would have to be manually re-updated when my data changes.

Or, someone can provide some free CGI-able webspace and I'll put my stuff on there (all I have personally is my little home server since I'm normally not that into web design).

TuxCoder said:
Content-wise I have absolutely no problem, but... I don't want my home server posted to the public area mainly because I don't want EarthLink eventually calling me up if I get many hits. I see LyngSat's popularity and while that's world-wide, a large portion is hits regarding US viewers.

So we're left with two options:

Someone can mirror it. It would be 21 pages considering all possible CGI parameter combinations + the "summary info" page. Plus, it would have to be manually re-updated when my data changes.

Or, someone can provide some free CGI-able webspace and I'll put my stuff on there (all I have personally is my little home server since I'm normally not that into web design).

I'd prefer we don't post it in a public area. that defeats the purpose of the "finds" area.......and then the signals could possibly get scrambled

FYI, minimal space requirements:
Data file: <16KB (for a good while, at least)
Scripts & HTML: <40KB
Logo images: 220KB (would grow very slowly but wouldn't likely top a couple MB)

Iceberg said:
I'd prefer we don't post it in a public area. that defeats the purpose of the "finds" area.......and could possibly scramble the signals
Yeah that's a good point... but, it's almost only stuff LyngSat shows anyways (and I could easily filter out the entries that are exclusive to our private area).

TuxCoder said:
Yeah that's a good point... but, it's almost only stuff LyngSat shows anyways (and I could easily filter out the entries that are exclusive to our private area).

that would work

Hey, if I mention that publicly available listing of all Ku- and C-band FTA channels viewable in the US, the one that's hosted by some other dealer, are you guys gonna yell at me? Cause it's up to date as of Sept. 15.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts