Clark Belt

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
I don't think I should have much difficulty receiving most of the Ku satellites from our area of the Clark Belt. Not a lot of trees to block signals. 125W is my "due south" satellite.

Clark Belt_rev_sm.jpg

I don't think I should have much difficulty receiving most of the Ku satellites from our area of the Clark Belt. Not a lot of trees to block signals. 125W is my "due south" satellite.

View attachment 162152
Especially on the Western side! I do not know what's east of 91W. Its been so long since I had a FTA setup. Back then I really enjoyed the hunt. Kinda like AM or SW/
lW on a clear night

Reactions: c-spand
I know well what was on the eastern side up as far as 3W until a year ago since I lived on the east coast then. Now I'm going to look as far west as I can. One thing is for sure, I'm going to install a motor since content seems a little thin on Ku FTA now. It's necessary to be able to turn the dish to receive everything that's up there.

I don't need beachcombing. I'll leave that to Relic's ghost.

I've found my satellite stuff in my storage. That's like a treasure hunt. I now have a 1-metre Ku dish plus all associated hardware including LNBs. I'm assembling in the shade.

Only problem is it's 104 F today according to my local thermometer. Maybe not accurate but it's too hot.

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cham