Classic Arts Showcase (dish 9406) goes byebye from dish

Think of it this way now you can get a different TV service.
Have you read Directv or Dish Facebook page when customers post about how upset they are because a dropped channel was the only reason they got Dish. Then when they try to “cancel” over it, and get cancelled, they get mad because the provider did as they asked and didn’t try “hard enough” to keep them.

It makes it truly hard not to troll at that point.

Reactions: HipKat
Classic Arts Showcase is now streaming for free on their website, so there is no need for Dish to carry it on their system. Previously it was restricted to broadcast and cable/sat outlets. Glad that was cleared up.

Classic Arts Showcase is now streaming for free on their website, so there is no need for Dish to carry it on their system. Previously it was restricted to broadcast and cable/sat outlets. Glad that was cleared up.

By that reasoning, they should drop C-SPAN 1 & 2 as well. If they keep it up, eventually they'll have enough bandwidth for another HD channel....or a brief burst of 4K. ;)

Reactions: TheKrell
I noticed that tonight. But Angel Two really had very little to offer, and too many paid-time infomercials. Not sure how their satellite service is doing, but that's another matter. I blocked all the infomercial channels off my hopper. Hate them and they're junk. ESPN? Me like, me willing to pay for. Classic Arts, or MTV for the black-tie bunch, was a very good thing. Hopefully the cash they were left with (inherited) will last them awhile.

I noticed that tonight. But Angel Two really had very little to offer, and too many paid-time infomercials. Not sure how their satellite service is doing, but that's another matter.

I thought they went to ground (i.e. streaming only) years ago.

What cable/satellite operaors is Classic Arts Showcase on now? Why was it at the very top of the Dish EPG like where no channels really are at all?

What cable/satellite operaors is Classic Arts Showcase on now? Why was it at the very top of the Dish EPG like where no channels really are at all?
Hard to say because the Classic Arts Showcase web site is out of date. For example, the web site says that Dish carries their channel... but it doesn't.

Classic Arts Showcase can be viewed online at their web site. You can watch with your web broswer, phone, or tablet.

I called customer service to complain about loss of CAS, which is a major reason why we signed up with Dish 12 years ago and have continued with them since. The rep initially claimed to have no information, then repeated the claim that CAS had terminated its contract -- as if the rupture was CAS's fault. I asked whether Dish was requiring payment from CAS, which distributes its signal for free. The CSR assured me that was NOT the case, that "Dish does not require payment, Dish only pays for programming." That turns out to be false. Dish charges CAS a fee to carry the CAS programming, in the amount of "several thousand dollars a month." CAS, with limited resources, decided not to pay the fee going forward. I do not believe Dish is being straight with its customers on this, blaming the decision entirely on CAS without disclosing Dish insists on charging an arts channel to carry its totally-free, advertising-free culturally-enriching content. We will now be reviewing our other video choices, and we're lucky because there are several in our urban area.

Reactions: TheKrell
I called customer service to complain about loss of CAS, which is a major reason why we signed up with Dish 12 years ago and have continued with them since. The rep initially claimed to have no information, then repeated the claim that CAS had terminated its contract -- as if the rupture was CAS's fault. I asked whether Dish was requiring payment from CAS, which distributes its signal for free. The CSR assured me that was NOT the case, that "Dish does not require payment, Dish only pays for programming." That turns out to be false. Dish charges CAS a fee to carry the CAS programming, in the amount of "several thousand dollars a month." CAS, with limited resources, decided not to pay the fee going forward. I do not believe Dish is being straight with its customers on this, blaming the decision entirely on CAS without disclosing Dish insists on charging an arts channel to carry its totally-free, advertising-free culturally-enriching content. We will now be reviewing our other video choices, and we're lucky because there are several in our urban area.
How many carry that channel?

All that for an overcompressed unwatchable SD channel?..you can stream much better quality..FOR FREE on a roku

Reactions: HipKat
How many carry that channel?
Spectrum (formerly Time Warner cable) carries CAS part-time. They use a channel reserved for the local board of education, which of course has very little programming. I'd obviously prefer a full-time 24-hour free channel devoted to the arts. But part-time is better than no CAS at all on Dish.

The channel will eventually be gone. It is operating solely from trust monies left by it's founder. Originally, they said the had enough to carry them through 2023. Could be the funds did not last as long as anticipated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts