clear up some 4dtv things up for me

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RidgeRunner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Raymond, Maine, United States
I have been thinking about possible going the 4dtv route to get some movies channels and what not. I am currently up and running with a KU FTA system (what I have is in my sig) I can see the birds from 72-129. I have a 7.5 foot kaul-tronics dish in the back yard it just needs to be installed. My questions are:

I figure I am going to need a moto 922 for a receiver...? I have noticed some of what NPS offers is also on KU will the 922 accomodate this?

Also I have heard terms like megapipe...what is this I can really find a good explanation of this anywhere.

Are 4dtv and megapipe the same thing??

I have tried my best to read as much as possible, but terms like megapipe confuse me I want to make sure what ever system I go with is some what current.

What other equipment am I going to need?

I have been thinking about possible going the 4dtv route to get some movies channels and what not. I am currently up and running with a KU FTA system (what I have is in my sig) I can see the birds from 72-129. I have a 7.5 foot kaul-tronics dish in the back yard it just needs to be installed. My questions are:

If you sub to the movie channels thru NPS most of them are on Galaxy 15 at 133 degrees, this is also the satellite you receive your guide and mapping download off of into your 4dtv. If this location isn't available, then you can download the guide on X4 thru SRL, Programming Center.

I figure I am going to need a moto 922 for a receiver...? I have noticed some of what NPS offers is also on KU will the 922 accomodate this?

Yes. The 922 does both C/Ku, most of the Ku channels thru 4dtv is on X4 at 99 degrees.

Also I have heard terms like megapipe...what is this I can really find a good explanation of this anywhere.

Megapipe is another form of encryption, the 4dtv can't receive these channels. 4dtv will only receive analog C/Ku and DigiCipher II signals, not DCII Megapipe or PowerVu.

Are 4dtv and megapipe the same thing??

Megapipe is just another form of encryption not receivable on 4dtv. This is also the reason NPS has had to reuplink some channels on G9 or GB, either megapipe or PowerVu. NPS reuplinks them into DCII so we can receive them via 4dtv.

I have tried my best to read as much as possible, but terms like megapipe confuse me I want to make sure what ever system I go with is some what current.

What other equipment am I going to need?

I would be sure I had a good actuator, Ku can be an ass to receive sometimes. Also just for the hobbyist you could always buy some of them expensive Norsat LNB's

Thanks.

Yes the kaul tronics has a chaperal (spelling) with a cal amp c band lnb and norsat lnb. Not sure prolly yank the whole thing off and go with some sort of C band lnbf so I can switch from V to H easy.

From what you guys are saying I may be able to get movie channels now on Ku with my current setup...just need a moto 922?

From what you guys are saying I may be able to get movie channels now on Ku with my current setup...just need a moto 922?

Yes you can use the 4dtv to sub to ku-band programming only but if the 4dtv is new you can only authorize it for digital on C-band and you will need to download the maps on C-band after this you are ok for a ku-band only setup, only thing that can mess you up is if new channels are added or some are remapped to a new location then you will need C-band again to update the maps.

If you want both c/ku you can get the BSC621 Lnbf, this works with 4dtv, there is also one that Sat Av sells that will work with 4dtv, for the BSC621 do not get the one with -2 at the end this model will not work with 4dtv.
Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts