Clearing and Resetting a DirecTV TiVo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DataSatPlus

Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
Coppell, TX
Hey all. I am having an issue with my personal Hughes DirecTV TiVo unit.
It is an HDVR2 and is only 1 year old. Just recently while watching live TV or even recorded programs, it locks or hangs at certain intervals like about 1 min apart. It had gotten so bad that I could not even use the remote to manage it and have to unplug power and reset. I would have to do this for every show or about every 1/2 hour.
I did trouble shoot and found that after I restart after unplugging it, then let it finished booting up then remove the dish connection that I would be able to watch recorded shows with no problems. After a few shows, I would connect the dish back up again and after 10 min or so, it would act up again and start locking up and sputtering. This seems to me it is a problem with the memory buffer on the tuners because it does it on both tuners 1 and 2.

Well, the next thing I have tried is going into the menu and doing a system Reset & Delete Everything to see if that would fix the problem. It says "Clearing and deleting everything. This will take an hour.." that was two days ago. I have restarted once since then and it still hangs at that prompt for hours.

Any ideas??? Cheers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)