Clearstream C4 HELP!!!!!

Look at Temporary page.

This page has tests of all the new antennas and near the bottom of the page is the C-2.

It has detailed dissection of the C-2 antenna (1/2 of the C-4).

Essentially useless on VHF but pretty good on UHF despite being overpriced.

Look at Temporary page.

This page has tests of all the new antennas and near the bottom of the page is the C-2.

It has detailed dissection of the C-2 antenna (1/2 of the C-4).

Essentially useless on VHF but pretty good on UHF despite being overpriced.

Nice find! OK - doesn't the chart show the C2 gain really consistant from the lowest channel graffed - probably 10 - thru channel 50 or so?

It would be interesting to see the C4 specs - a 4 bay instead of just a 2 bay - for all the new digital channels from 7 up. Might just surprise everyone!

These are all UHF frequencies - no where near VHF.

Channel 13 is 210-216 mhz, frequencies on chart start at 450 mhz.

Guess I had problems understanding their chart. Does it matter that I do pick up analog 7 now although not as clear as with my old 9' by 14' channel master, but I do pick it up.

I'll post something either good or bad after the changeover.

I just installed a C-4 in my attic and have similar problem picking up a Digital VHF station (13.1) but can pick up the Analog 13 (Digital signal will pickup at night but not during the day). Analog signal is clear but will be gone in a week. Likely going to move the antenna to the roof if I can't get the signal to improve, which is why I bought this model over a larger antenna that my HOA wouldn't have allowed!

... which is why I bought this model over a larger antenna that my HOA wouldn't have allowed!
Please wake up and read the OTARD rules. The HOA has no authority over Federal regulations. You can put up any size antenna necessary for reception of OTA channels.
The rule (47 C.F.R. Section 1.4000) has been in effect since October 1996, and it prohibits restrictions that impair the installation, maintenance or use of antennas used to receive video programming. The rule applies to video antennas including direct-to-home satellite dishes that are less than one meter (39.37") in diameter (or of any size in Alaska), TV antennas, and wireless cable antennas. The rule prohibits most restrictions that: (1) unreasonably delay or prevent installation, maintenance or use; (2) unreasonably increase the cost of installation, maintenance or use; or (3) preclude reception of an acceptable quality signal.
Print out the OTARD rules, give them to your HOA and tell them to _________! (You can fill in the blank any way you want.;))

I just installed a C-4 in my attic and have similar problem picking up a Digital VHF station (13.1) but can pick up the Analog 13 (Digital signal will pickup at night but not during the day). Analog signal is clear but will be gone in a week. Likely going to move the antenna to the roof if I can't get the signal to improve, which is why I bought this model over a larger antenna that my HOA wouldn't have allowed!

Two questions - How far are you from the transmitters, and do you use any type of signal booster? We are 60 miles out and use a CM 7777 booster which gives good results but so far the lowest digital signal is channel 26.

I would be really interested in hearing the results after moving the antenna to the roof.

If you are talking about WSET, try again on Saturday. They're switching back to channel 13 for DTV. Usually the C4 doesn't do VHF very well, but your situation seems unique.

Got up this morning, rescanned my three sets, and was pleased with what I found. The C4 does do high VHF - might not be the best performance but if you got the old analog signals with the C4 this should work for you. We are 60 miles out from the LA towers and have a C4 mounted about 25 feet up with a CM 7777 signal amplifier.

In the LA area our ABC network is channel 7 - the bottom of the DTV range, Fox is channel 11, and we have two independents that are 9 and 13. Prior to the switch my Dish 722 receiver showed channel 7 a 68 to 70 signal strength and after the change we are seeing 64 to 68. We watched it most of last night and found it more stable than before even with the loss of signal strength. Channel 11-Fox has about the same signal level as before the switch. It came in ok this morning but we haven't had a reason to watch it for any length of time so can't vouch for it's stability. Channel 9 was marginal before the switch and still is, but we do get channel 13 now and we didn't get it before.

The one UHF change that was made - channel 60 to 43 - improved the CBS-02 signal strength and gave it much more stability. All the other major networks stayed at the same UHF channels assigned and are coming in with good signal strength and stability.

Overall I am pleased to see that the "will not work with high VHF" folks appear to have been wrong, and I can finally say through personal experience that if anyone is looking for a good compact DTV antenna that works as advertised, this is a good choice.

Overall I am pleased to see that the "will not work with high VHF" folks appear to have been wrong, and I can finally say through personal experience that if anyone is looking for a good compact DTV antenna that works as advertised, this is a good choice.
Excellent news!! You must have some pretty strong, stable signals there. In our high multipath area, 2 channels @ 40 miles disappeared. My neighbor is not happy.:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts