Cleveland Local HD channels

bigjotto316

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
Hello guys. I figured I would start a new thread because my other comment got buried in the last one and this is a new question. I have officially "moved" from Erie Pa, to Cleveland OH and am getting all their local channels with no problem. The only thing is that none of the locals are in HD! the whole reason I "moved" was to get them in HD! Any help at all on how I could get these would be greatly appreciated!

First, are you pointed at 61.5?

If so, what is your TP 1 signal level?

The spotbeam Cleveland local HDs are on is centered around Detroit. You may have difficulty picking it up in Erie.

Process of elimination. You obviously don't have a dish pointed at 61.5 or you'd be getting Cleveland. So you must have a dish pointed at 129 or you would have no hd. Move to Chicago or Atlanta. It'll work temporarily!

Hello guys. I figured I would start a new thread because my other comment got buried in the last one and this is a new question. I have officially "moved" from Erie Pa, to Cleveland OH and am getting all their local channels with no problem. The only thing is that none of the locals are in HD! the whole reason I "moved" was to get them in HD! Any help at all on how I could get these would be greatly appreciated!

I'm in the same situation. I'm in Erie and "moved" to Cleveland for the locals. The only solution is to get a wing dish and install it or have someone install it for you if you want hd from Cleveland. If not you'll be stuck with SD locals. I still have the SD locals. I still have a sd receiver though and basically only get HD from OTA.

I'm in the same situation. I'm in Erie and "moved" to Cleveland for the locals. The only solution is to get a wing dish and install it or have someone install it for you if you want hd from Cleveland. If not you'll be stuck with SD locals. I still have the SD locals. I still have a sd receiver though and basically only get HD from OTA.

Do what I did- I got the basic TWC without the box, plugged into my QAM and get all the Cleveland locals in HD (except CBS- they yanked that for some reason). But I still get WSEE in HD via the cable.

I just looked up QAM in Wikipedia and here is what they said

QAM-based HD programming of local stations is sometimes available to analog cable subscribers, without paying the additional fees for a digital cable box. The availability of QAM HD programming is rarely described or publicized in cable company product literature. If cable providers provide rebroadcasts of locally aired programming, they must also carry rebroadcasts of high-definition digital locally aired programming, in an unencrypted form, that does not require the customer to use leased equipment, per FCC Sec. 76.630 and CFR Title 47, §76.901(a). These usually include the local affiliates for CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS, and FOX, and the cable providers comply by rebroadcasting them over QAM channels. The law does not require the cable provider to advertise their availability, and the cable customer service representatives are known to unequivocally (and incorrectly) insist to customers that a converter box is mandatory to view any HD channels.

I just checked the manual for my HP set and it has a QAM tuner. Looks like I will be calling TW tonight.

Do what I did- I got the basic TWC without the box, plugged into my QAM and get all the Cleveland locals in HD (except CBS- they yanked that for some reason). But I still get WSEE in HD via the cable.

I've considered that. Problem is that my main reason for the move to Cleveland was for their CBS affiliate. Another thing is that with my luck they'd pull those QAM stations as soon as I signed up. Out of curiosity what do they charge you for their basic service.

I've considered that. Problem is that my main reason for the move to Cleveland was for their CBS affiliate. Another thing is that with my luck they'd pull those QAM stations as soon as I signed up. Out of curiosity what do they charge you for their basic service.

Yeah, the reason I got it was to watch the Browns in HD. They took that away around halfway through the season. Plus, you have to be in the city to get the Cleveland stations.

The way I figure, I'll dump it after the Super Bowl.

TW wants $12.95 a month for the basic package and $20 for the install.

mine is $14.24/month and a 29.95 install. That was less than what I would've spent at the bar on Sundays.

Two years ago I "moved" to Cleveland for the games before the locals were HD. Now with the sat they are on there's no reasonable explanation I can give Dish to get a wing dish installed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)