Cleveland OH HD locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FryMan

Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Hi- I'm a newbie to this satellite stuff, and I wanted to know if anyone could tell me about the type of satellite dish needed to get DirecTV HD locals in Cleveland, OH area. I just "moved" there from Erie, PA (about 100 miles away), but DirecTV told me that I needed a second, add'l dish to receive the locals than the one originally installed for me in Erie. BTW, no locals available for me in Erie (one of the lucky 6% I guess). I don't get it, because the installer told me that the recent equipment install included the newest satellite dish available (although at this point I am uncertain of any model number). Is DTV just giving me some sort of line or what? Any help & explanations or how to get around this would be appreciated. (Like, can I buy and install my own dish myself, then just add the locals?) Thanks!

Hi- I'm a newbie to this satellite stuff, and I wanted to know if anyone could tell me about the type of satellite dish needed to get DirecTV HD locals in Cleveland, OH area. I just "moved" there from Erie, PA (about 100 miles away), but DirecTV told me that I needed a second, add'l dish to receive the locals than the one originally installed for me in Erie. BTW, no locals available for me in Erie (one of the lucky 6% I guess). I don't get it, because the installer told me that the recent equipment install included the newest satellite dish available (although at this point I am uncertain of any model number). Is DTV just giving me some sort of line or what? Any help & explanations or how to get around this would be appreciated. (Like, can I buy and install my own dish myself, then just add the locals?) Thanks!

I have the Cleveland HD locals and I believe you need the 5 LNB dish like the new slimline. You do not need a second dish like some of the locals require you to get like Toledo Ohio. You also need one of their mpeg 4 receivers like the H20 and HR20.

actually I believe the cleveland market is on a spotbeam, so it might be tough to get those locals.....Erie Pa may not be covered by clevelands "footprint" of their spotbeam, and if thats the case, the only way to get cleveland locals would be to actually move there.....now I am not 100% sure in this as I have never seen the Spotbeam map and dont think there is one that exists that is 100% accurate....so if you have the new 5lnb sat dish and cant get them, then you are out of the spot beam area, and there is nothing you can do

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)