CLEVELAND'S CH. 19 STILL SUCKS

fayrich

Old Fart
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2004
CLEVELAND, OHIO AREA
Well, after yesterday's transition, I am still unable to receive this digital station here in North Ridgeville, Ohio. :rant:Can't believe that they are the only Cleveland station unwilling or unable to do anything to improve their signal. There are going to be a lot of CBS viewers around here that are going digital for the first time only to find ch 19 totally missing or unwatchable. I am fortunate that I am connected to cable, but I do use a generic DVR to record programs OTA.

Yes, I am aware that they are located on ch 10. Think now that the dust has settled that I will remove my VHF/UHF combo unit since I do receive all other channels on my UHF only (CM4448) antenna. Even ch 8 which is now coming in on ch 8. I am even getting ch 25 now which is a first for me. Also think that I will replace it with my "cut" antenna for ch 10. In the past it did work for me, but I didn't want a stack of 3 antennas, so I replaced it with the combo. It is truly amazing that this continues to be a problem with 19. You'd think that CBS would step in and do something about this. Maybe now they will because CBS is going to lose a lot of viewers.

I see in this mornings Plain Dealer that the complaints are starting to come in from those poor souls who are experiencing ch 19s S**tty signal for the first time. Also ch 8 who moved to the low vhf band with the transition. Even my cable co. TW can't hold a stable signal anymore. Continual jumps and partial pixelization. Makes me wonder if it's even worth the effort to re-install my ch 10 "cut" antenna. According to the paper, both channels have requests in to the FCC to increase their power. RIGHT!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)