Status
Please reply by conversation.

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
Anybody else on X4 have this problem today? It completely screwed up my timed recordings. The recorder triggered correctly but the 4DTV triggered an hour behind each time. I ended up with several 1 hour black screen segments. This is annoying, it's the second time it's happened. :mad:

My clock went back an hour for about a month, just recently I'd say about a week ago it corrected itself. Not sure why. Rehitting it didn't seem to help. And I'm always on X4 with my fixed dish setup, for what it's worth.

Before someone suggests it's from moving to another dish, it has not moved since the conversion, always on X4. I recorded something Friday night and it was fine but at 6AM Sat morning it was off an hour so sometime between 10PM Fri and 6AM Sat is when it happened. I didn't notice it until I arrived home after 6PM last evening so everything got screwed up or lost.

What SRL did to fix mine when there was a problem a while back was remove all my programming then send a new auth hit. It has been fine since. Call them and try that.

I wonder if we have any "end of month" issues that trigger the clock thing? Mine's an hour ahead as of this post, too. Last time I spoke to SRL via e-mail, they didn't really know what would cause it. When did we (all) last see this happen? I don't use timers much so Im okay, and for the record, my receiver stays "on" 24/7 and is also fixed on W-5. (don't think "off" makes a difference anyway except on the front panel.)

My dish has been on x4 for the last 4 hours getting the guide mostly and my clock is right. I do browse around the arc and get different references from DC services. Quite a few of the old 4096 channels always sync proper like X4 does. Maybe ones with issues should go to like C4-600 that one is dead nuts on, sit there a few minutes then return to X4 and see if that helps.

I got a test 920 receiver here for the Map Master project that was out of the stream for a long long time still running 4096. I put it in the stream the other day and it sync'ed proper to the right time which surprised me. Which also surprised me is how many of the old master muxes are using 4096 at a commercial level. I thought by now all 4096 would be gone.

Still off by an hour (it's ahead) as of this writing. Numerous "on/off" cycles just in case. No effect.
Wonder why some of us get this and some don't? Is it time for serial number comparisons or manufacturers labels/dates......kind of like the issue 4D had making the changeover. Some were tougher than others.

BTW..this is the first time in quite some time the clock has been off. Only "variable" is that I had let my programming lapse for a day, maybe two, and renewed this past week.

SRL can fix it remotely, they just did mine. Their explanation is that Motorola is having problems.

Their explanation is that Motorola is having problems.

Motorola was born having problems :eek:

As far as the clock goes it is set by your zip code. It's suppose to adjust for daylight savings time. For some reason they can't get it right. I remember when 4096 was active right after time change sometimes if you went to W5 it would push your clock ahead 1hr. I used to need a rehit to fix it on G1. I think Comcasts clock data has had issues for years but it's been masked to us because 4096 was in control. Now 4160 runs the show so until they solve the issue thats probably buried in code someplace I guess we will have to deal with it.

After being ahead all day, it was fixed minutes after a polite e-mail to SRL. Coincidence? I think not. They usually help right away!

and, at 6PM...I set a timer for 8, and it jumped ahead again. Go figure. That's "ahead" not backward.

Last edited:
There is a problem with HITS, and Moto is working with them to get it fixed. Last time this happened it was a range of channels that changed the clock ahead 1hr. It's the same this time but not in a channel range. Channels like 202, 204, 205, 210, 241, 245, 253, 255, 284, 285 would jump ahead 1hr and if you would go to any channel not in the list it would correct the time. This has been reported and now that they know there is a problem with specific channels it is being addressed. Now we are finding that channels in that list are saying "This Channel Is Not Available." This is a part of the solution as they are working on it as type this response. Everything should be fixed soon.

There is a problem with HITS, and Moto is working with them to get it fixed. Last time this happened it was a range of channels that changed the clock ahead 1hr. It's the same this time but not in a channel range. Channels like 202, 204, 205, 210, 241, 245, 253, 255, 284, 285 would jump ahead 1hr and if you would go to any channel not in the list it would correct the time. This has been reported and now that they know there is a problem with specific channels it is being addressed. Now we are finding that channels in that list are saying "This Channel Is Not Available." This is a part of the solution as they are working on it as type this response. Everything should be fixed soon.
Mine went back one hour, not ahead, and moving to another channel did not correct it, I tried every single one.

This channel is not available, Ouch I hate that message.... That means the EMM stream isn't locked to 4160. Must be only running Comcasts commercial EMM stream. When 4096 was also running on HITS there was never clock issues like this. I'm glad though Motorola finally acknowledges it and is looking into a resolution. I really wonder if Motorola has anyone that understands the DC-2 anymore. I know as we have took apart the channel maps we have found errors in the data. Seems like they have been patched and patched again. NOT GOOD! IMHO the good old DC-2 GI programmers are long gone :( Our team is for hire if Motorola needs help :rolleyes: :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts