Clone Coolsat 6000 Premium’s Channels + Settings To Another Coolsat 6000 Premium?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTABman0

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2006
Lat 39.2°N WV Lo 81.5°W
Hi guys,

Well since I found out that a hill is responsible for my Hispasat 1C.1D At 30.0°W problem in my last post I seem to for the life of me get the Coolsat 6000 Premium's to copy the Satellites data to one another or "receiver to receiver"! I have read online how to do this step by step and still I sure as heck can't get one box to see each other let alone transfer data back and forth!

:confused:
The cable that came with the thing is a Null Cable but on the Coolsat website it takes a straight through cable which would probably explain why they do not see one another. Anyone tried to copy data receiver to receiver with 2 Coolsat 6000 Premium's

:mad: If the cable is the culprit that makes no since why they send them out with a Null cable!

:up My Coolsat 6000 Premium’s are the real deal, bought from an “Authorized Coolsat Dealer” with the stickers in the right places on the receiver and on the gift boxes. So they are not “Clones”!

:confused: Anybody done this so far with success? It would sure save a lot of time putting all the satellites in the bedroom receiver after each blind scan! Seems like I have most the time in these receivers setting them up to watch instead of actually watching them!

Can I save the list with the Coolsat 2.4 loader off their website and use that to copy then move the channels to the other box?

This is from the Coolsat Official Website:
Coolsat USA - Official Web Site of Free To Air Satellite Receivers

The receiver is capable of implementing software taken from our website. To do so, first download the software onto your computer. The software can then be transferred to your receiver via the RS-232 port and a supplied data cable.
*The 4000 Plus uses a Null Data Cable
*The 4000 PRO uses a Straight Data Cable
*The 5000 Platinum uses a Straight Data Cable
*The 6000 Premium uses a Straight Data Cable
*The 6100 Private uses a Straight Data Cable
*The 7000 miCro PVR uses a Straight Data Cable
*The 7100 miCro PVR uses a Straight Data Cable
*The 8000HD uses a Null Data Cable
*The 8100HD miCro PVR uses a Null Data Cable

:confused: Could this be why the boxes are not being able to see each other? Why does it come from the factory with a darn NULL cable then! Wow, somebody there likes to mess the common man up big time! I think it is Coolsat’s goof on the data cable is the answer to this question!

But the loader question I would love to know if the Channels & Satellite data can be copied then moved to the other box, Does this copy the Installation settings too like dish settings and motor settings or just copy over the bird data + channels?

:) Thanks for the help as always guys! :)

Attachments

• coolsat_ilogo.jpg
    coolsat_ilogo.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 239
Can I save the list with the Coolsat 2.4 loader off their website and use that to copy then move the channels to the other box?
yep. Easiest way to do it

But the loader question I would love to know if the Channels & Satellite data can be copied then moved to the other box, Does this copy the Installation settings too like dish settings and motor settings or just copy over the bird data + channels?

copies over everything including LNB & Dish/motor settings

From what I am reading, and what I think you are saying, to transfer settings from one stb to another stb, you first transfer data from stb 1 to computer, then tranfer data from computer to stb 2... I am not seeing anything to say to go from stb 1 directly to stb 2... IMHO\

POP

Great Ice, I will give it a try later on!!

rv1pop, in the menu of the Coolsat 6000 Premium’s box there is a copy channel data tab and a copy firmware tab. when clicked on channel data, it loads (Maybe the loader software is in the box in the flash memory!) for a bit then tells you to connect your cable to the STB and turn it on. I do this and they just sit there with the Master box waiting for me to connect the cable then turn on the slave. But nothing!

Maybe this is something new with the 2007 versions firmware but it looks like it loads software first then prompts for the other STB connection!

I will do the Coolsat loader 2.4 and do it to a with a computer like Ice said! Sounds like that will work!

Thanks Guy's!

I'm not sure that two FTA boxes can be linked together serially. If they could, then you would probably want to use the opposite of the cable used to link the box to a PC (i.e., if you use a null cable to connect to a PC, use a straight cable to connect receiver to receiver). But again, I don't think such a connection is possible.

If the 6000 needs a straight-through cable to connect to a computer, then it is logical that to connect two receivers, you'd need a crossover cable.
Think about the pin wiring, and it's pretty clear.

The cable supplied is the one 98% of the people would use.

I've read that some receivers can do box-to-box transfers, but since I never had two of the same kind, I've always read that as "copy the firmware" from one box to the other.
IF they can transfer settings too, that could be very useful where you have two, and want to move blind scan info to another box.
The traditional way would be to scan, then hook that box to your computer, save all the satellite settings, have the ability to edit them on your computer, and then write the settings you have backed up to any receiver you like.

The two significant features are that you have a backup, and you can edit on your computer.
Both are very handy! - ;)

PS:
and we know why any such feature exists.
So, imagine how a hacker would best use it.
I can see moving the firmware would be very handy.
But moving the setup might be, too.
I won't go into how a dealer might visit an end users house and update him, but will leave that to your imagination.
. . . and he wouldn't even need to carry a laptop . . . ;)

Coolsat 6000 Two Receivers

If the 6000 needs a straight-through cable to connect to a computer, then it is logical that to connect two receivers, you'd need a crossover cable.
Think about the pin wiring, and it's pretty clear.

The cable supplied is the one 98% of the people would use.

I've read that some receivers can do box-to-box transfers, but since I never had two of the same kind, I've always read that as "copy the firmware" from one box to the other.
IF they can transfer settings too, that could be very useful where you have two, and want to move blind scan info to another box.
The traditional way would be to scan, then hook that box to your computer, save all the satellite settings, have the ability to edit them on your computer, and then write the settings you have backed up to any receiver you like.

The two significant features are that you have a backup, and you can edit on your computer.
Both are very handy! - ;)

PS:
and we know why any such feature exists.
So, imagine how a hacker would best use it.
I can see moving the firmware would be very handy.
But moving the setup might be, too.
I won't go into how a dealer might visit an end users house and update him, but will leave that to your imagination.
. . . and he wouldn't even need to carry a laptop . . . ;)

:) Yes Anole, I think it would be the easiest way to do, with a computer! I would be able to name some of those channel names myself instead of using the receiver's pesky (like cell phone texting) move through the alphabet and entering them that way!

:mad: Yes those darn hackers! :mad: I wish the FTA Community would heal that black eye!

:up My boxes, the two Coolsats and my Fortec Star Lifetime Classic NA are the factory bins! I have no desire to flash firmware that works fine you know! I am real skeptical on flashing the boxes with update firmware from the manufactures! There are allot of things there that can just go wrong! Unless they come out with a Firmware that they say you absolutely need or a crucial update for my boxes, factory out of box is for me! The 6000 cables will stay in the box still in its sealed bag! The old theory, if it's not broke.... applies here!

:confused: I am not to sure if the 6000 has the loader software in there, I used the Fortc Star's NA Null cable and nothing! It would be interesting to try a straight through cable to see if the Channels and Settings will copy over without a computer! I will pick up a S Through cable sometime and try it, will post if it works!

:up So with that, I will try the 2.4 loader from Coolsats website to use it for the channel editor (Icebergs Suggestion)! Seems convenient and easy to do right from my laptop! That way I do not have to unplug each receiver to take it to a desktop! Edit and reload!

:up So far the Coolsat 6000 Premiums have been good boxes! I have only owned them for no more than 4 weeks with one of them having to be sent back do to a power supply problem (Manhandled during shipping!)! I know these are discontinued now being replaced by the 6100 Private but if you find one of these boxes at a deal buy it! I have less than 85 dollars each of mine!

:rolleyes: Now just because they are discontinued does not mean they are older boxes! My Coolsats were manufactured in NOV - 2007 or the 2007 Edition! Just because they are not making these boxes anymore does not mean they are old by anyway! They make an excellent FTA Starter receiver with faster memory than those entry level boxes you can by bundled today!

:up If you find one at a great deal, get it! You will not be disappointed! :up

:D Enough on the rave & Sales pitch for Coolsat! (The past FM Radio DJ Personality coming out!) :D

I will try the loader from the Coolsat site and do it that way with a computer!

The straight through cable I will try later! I bet it will work though! I will keep you men posted! Curious to see if it does work though the receiver as well!

:) HAVE A GREAT DAY GUYS! :)

Sotware In The Coolsat cloned the channel list to 6000 from 6000!

Ok guys, today I had time to clone the channels and this is what happened, all channels went over with no problems! I had to input the Longitude and Latitude back in the clone box for that stayed at zeros and a couple of the dish settings were either off or had to put them back in but overall it was not a big deal. I guess this is still in the works on working properly still.

For just in case you are wondering I used no computer with just a straight through cable from 6000 to 6000! I guess that answered the question on if the software loader was built into the boxes! It might not be a loader but it worked like one! I think it is something to do with the fact that these are the 2007 Editions! I left the firmware alone today for they both have the same.

Just wanted to let you guys know I tried receiver to receiver and it worked! Bet it works like this with the 6100 too! So if you have 2 6000 Premiums that are the 2007 versions get a straight through cable and eliminate the computer! You might still have to manually input little things like I did!

The computer is nice though to edit your channel names quickly but for a fast time saver, cloning the boxes is by far the best way to do this! Beats the slower “Blind Scan” for each satellite one each box!

Have a good one Men!

Ok guys, today I had time to clone the channels and this is what happened, all channels went over with no problems! I had to input the Longitude and Latitude back in the clone box for that stayed at zeros and a couple of the dish settings were either off or had to put them back in but overall it was not a big deal. I guess this is still in the works on working properly still.
I noticed that too when I uploaded a channel list back to the 5000. My DIseqc settings had to be redone. No biggie but it took a couple minutes :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)