ClubDish and referral cards

progravix

Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
Okay, I'm just a few moments away from signing up for Dish and wondered, "What's in it for me to use someone's ClubDish referral code/number?"

I have a neighbor that mentioned it to me, but who gets what? Obviously they get some type of discount on their bill, but what? What do I get? Per Dish's current promotion, I pay nothing for the install, so what will using that referral code get ME (other than helping a neighbor out)?

Also, they still haven't given me the code/number, so if anybody wants to PM me one, and explain what it does that would be great.

First month free of programming, 25 free premium channels for 3 months, free installation, free dvr upgrade, $25 credit on your bill.

Other than getting a pretty good deal for signing up, it gives your friend $5 off his bill a month for 10 months.

I recently gave a good friend of mine a gift card and it was within a week he was up and running with 3 rx's and one them a dual tuner dvr and they love it.

I know people on this website would love to give you their club ID info, but you should go through your friend.

Paul

Well if your the giver of the card then you get $5 a month for ten months off your bill, you also get 5 free pay per views, a $25 certificate though I think its $50 and a free dish mover atleast with the cards that I activate and give to each of my new customers.

You forgot to mention that you take $50.00 out of the persons pocket who installed there system and puts it in your pocket. This program it for people who refer friends to dish, not the crap you are trying to pull!

rnesky said:
You forgot to mention that you take $50.00 out of the persons pocket who installed there system and puts it in your pocket. This program it for people who refer friends to dish, not the crap you are trying to pull!

The only crap I see is in the form of your nonsensical ranting. Besides confusing everyone who is reading this thread, I can only assume your issue is with Dish Network since they sponsor the ClubDish program.

According to your lame assertion, "you take $50 out of the person's pocket who installed their system" (BTW, I corrected your misspelling and incorrect punctuation), I would ask that you show proof of your statement. Are you telling us that each and every time somebody redeems a ClubDish Certificate, Dish Network screws the installer by withholding $50 from his installation fee? I find that statement very hard to believe.

Lastly, I view each and every member of SatelliteGuys as my friends and family---even you---and went out of my way to use a ClubDish certificate from a fellow SatelliteGuys member when I signed up for service. If you have a problem with the ClubDish program or any element of its administration, then you need to bring it to the attention of the good folks at EchoStar/Dish Network.

Have a great day...and don't forget to use my ClubDish certificate.:)

deno24 said:
:D it appears that whatever problem dish was having with PQ has been resolved, watching equtr and man it looks better than ever. Can anyone confirm this?

Do you have a dvr 942? If so we got an update yesterday that has cut down on pixelation.

f'n Jim said:
According to your lame assertion, "you take $50 out of the person's pocket who installed their system" (BTW, I corrected your misspelling and incorrect punctuation), I would ask that you show proof of your statement. Are you telling us that each and every time somebody redeems a ClubDish Certificate, Dish Network screws the installer by withholding $50 from his installation fee? I find that statement very hard to believe.
Well, believe it. Club Dish now steals $50 from the retailer. I can't show you proof because retailers are not allowed to make the financial business rules public.

Your sig line won't work anyway. A CD number can only be used ONCE, and on top of that a given person can only use 5 per year.

So, your shameless trolling is only screwing people. The retailer WILL get screwed out of the $50 because the promo code does that - even if the CD number is later rejected. The person using it will NOT get the discount, although if they complain enough it may be restored. YOU will get a maximum of ONE credit, although if Dish sees it used multiple times they may take that back from you for violation of the terms of use - go read them.

50 dollars?

I'm confused....if i give someone a gift card that give them 50 dollars off their first bill and give me 50 dollars off mine for signing them up...the retailer that sold the friend of mine a dish system doesn't get 50 dollars that they would have..."becuase of dish's policy" not my policy and not my friends policy, so why would we be the bad guys..we are not taking anything out of the installers pocket....we are taking advatage of a deal for me and my friend...your complaint is w/ dish....but i might have miss read the whole thing.....w/e....oh and voom is a tad sharper..but can totally tell it is hd lite an it's not fun to show off to your friends...cause you know its not as good as it used to be...:( but i can wait for it to come back w/ 15 and back to full rez with new content....fine by me...i have patience.

If you want to talk about club dish...start a new thread ...if not please stay on subject. The subject is....do the VOOm ch's look better than ever?

pychobj2001 said:
I'm confused....if i give someone a gift card that give them 50 dollars off their first bill and give me 50 dollars off mine for signing them up...the retailer that sold the friend of mine a dish system doesn't get 50 dollars that they would have..."becuase of dish's policy" not my policy and not my friends policy, so why would we be the bad guys..we are not taking anything out of the installers pocket....we are taking advatage of a deal for me and my friend...your complaint is w/ dish....but i might have miss read the whole thing.....w/e....oh and voom is a tad sharper..but can totally tell it is hd lite an it's not fun to show off to your friends...cause you know its not as good as it used to be...:( but i can wait for it to come back w/ 15 and back to full rez with new content....fine by me...i have patience.

Sorry to stay OT, but I think the point of SimpleSimon's post is that by posting ClubDish numbers online they may get used multiple times, hurting installers even though the people using the number may not see the benefit of the credit (apparently each number can only be used once). IMO it is a bad policy of Dish to ding the retailer/installer on a new sub using an invalid number if they don't give the discount to the customer. It sounds like Dish is simply pocketing the $50.

However, just because one didn't create the policy doesn't mean that one shouldn't be aware of how using (or possibly abusing) the policy affects a third party, in this case the installer.

Perhaps the mods want to move posts on this subject to a new thread?

CDH.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts