Clueless in Miami!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm of the opinion that compasses often work against finding a bird, especially since so many factors can result in an incorrect reading. If the compass is near any metal, forget about an accurate reading. Then there's the magnetic deviation factor, different across the country. A slow pan of the southern horizon will find your target faster than any compass, provided your elevation is close. Checking the aim of nearby DirecTV and Dish Network dishes can narrow down your panning area to a small part of the sky.

Stogie5150,

Thank you for that input. I've ordered one already. Cheap. Thank you. What will it do that this one does not do now?

stogie5150,

Sorry. I guess the real question would be: is there an intro to LNBs or a 101 course for newbies? I am looking in the forums but there is plenty to read and not necessarily summing it up.
Much appreciated.

The Molded together 3-lnb unit on the Phase 3 dish has been electrically modified internally to exclude certain transponders on Directv's satellites. The single LNB's of which we are speaking of are full range KU circular LNB's, which were the original LNB's that Directv and Dish network originally used on their one LNB dishes that they started with way back when.

Oh,and I agree compasses are useless for FTA, except for when you are in an area that you do not know where north and south is. :)

I want to thank all the people in this forum who, directly or indirectly, helped me with my setup.

It was a pleasure to watch the Endeavour take-off and land, from the privacy of my own home, without commercials, interruptions, or just as a quick post on the 6:30 news, directly from the bird! Never even dreamed of it even as a kid! Incredible!

Thank you all very very much.

You're very welcome. A lot of folks helped me here when I got started out, and I am still learning things today...:)

glad to hear you're working so well

heh, well you said you found NASA two months ago
So, what have you been doing since? :cool:

Did you ever get a proper 30..36" dish and get into the good stuff?

There's plenty more help here, if you are interested in partaking of it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts