CM7777 and Winegard Sensar Batwing in RV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

reubenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 30, 2018
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Being I have a CM7777 just sitting around I was wondering if it would work to pull in the weak signals of my Winegard Sensar OTA antenna.

Will it help or hurt?

The CM7777 would have to installed on the TV/OTA adapter side of the Winegard power injector inside your RV instead of on the mast as designed. That means it would also be amplifying any induced signal noise of course. It could also over drive the TV/OTA adapter. I have Winegard's SensarPro combined 10 dB amplifier/power injector installed on our Sensar III antenna, and there have been times I've had to dial down the gain on it for the best reception. And as you know, the CM7777's 30 dB gain is not adjustable...

In the past I have installed both pieces of the CM7777 at my antenna (indoor antenna in an apartment) and it worked. I was thinking of installing this setup in front of the 4 way splitter that is in one of my compartments. I have it setup temporarily just to see if it will work while I am parked at home and it works. But all of my local OTA towers are close by so I cannot tell any difference between using the CM7777 or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts