CMDY, CMT and now SPIKE in SD, but not HD?

I've had dish for about 4 months. In that time:

- I lost the Smithsonian Channel
- They screwed up my local guide when the Digital switch happened
- They raised my rates $10 a month
- I gained BETJ, GREEN and CRIME (IMHO, fairly useless)

BUT...if I got Nickelodeon and Comedy Central HD with my Bronze package, I might stick with them...

I've had dish for about 4 months. In that time:

- I lost the Smithsonian Channel
- They screwed up my local guide when the Digital switch happened
- They raised my rates $10 a month
- I gained BETJ, GREEN and CRIME (IMHO, fairly useless)

BUT...if I got Nickelodeon and Comedy Central HD with my Bronze package, I might stick with them...
I've had dish about 10 months and in that time:

-I gained a whole bunch of channels
-They added my local channels (even in HD)
-They kept my rate the same
-And added dish.sling.com to schedule online!

I'm happy. :D

My subscription rate has been creeping up little by little over the last few months.

I have Dish HD Absolute, plus local channels, plus HBO and a ViP722 receiver. Last May my service started out right at $56. Now it is going past $58. Small potatoes compared to what a lot of people are paying for non-grandfathered programming packages. Still, the upward creep on price is noticeable. I'm sure it will sneak past $60 soon -with "soon" meaning truly soon instead of the version of "soon" E* often uses.

Out of curiosity, why is there such a strong demand for locals? Is it an issue of a lot of folks being out of OTA range?

Yes. Or at least not willing to invest in the effort and expense of purchasing and mounting an antenna that may or may not work, or won't pick up all the locals because they are located in different compass headings.

How did you avoid the rate increase last month!?

Out of curiosity, why is there such a strong demand for locals? Is it an issue of a lot of folks being out of OTA range?

Yes. Or at least not willing to invest in the effort and expense of purchasing and mounting an antenna that may or may not work, or won't pick up all the locals because they are located in different compass headings.

Once you get beyond 30 miles or have terrain issues OTA can be a real crap shoot. I have two rooftop antennas including a 14 footer and a separate UHF, but still suffer dropouts if the weather isn't perfect. That's at 48 miles from transmitters, mountainous terrain. Love OTA, but not always stable enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)