CNN and HLN gone/ Dish-Turner Dispute - Now Back 11/21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think that they brought the Turner channels back temporarily because the Fergusen Mo. grand jury decision is about to be released. This is the type of news that CNN thrives on. Look how many months they got out of that damn Malyasian plane that crashed in the ocean back in March or April. The riots that will come from the release of the decision, will generate ratings gold for CNN and it would make DISH look terrible, if people tuned to this CNN channel and found MSNBC or Glen Beck instead. Plus, I think that they want to create a new agreement for the Turner Channels, that includes the TBS and TNT channels too. I am sure that they also want to insure that these channels will be included in the NuTv ott service,that is to be started by the end of this year: next month.

I think that they brought the Turner channels back temporarily because the Fergusen Mo. grand jury decision is about to be released. This is the type of news that CNN thrives on. Look how many months they got out of that damn Malyasian plane that crashed in the ocean back in March or April. The riots that will come from the release of the decision, will generate ratings gold for CNN and it would make DISH look terrible, if people tuned to this CNN channel and found MSNBC or Glen Beck instead. Plus, I think that they want to create a new agreement for the Turner Channels, that includes the TBS and TNT channels too. I am sure that they also want to insure that these channels will be included in the NuTv ott service,that is to be started by the end of this year: next month.
I think it has more to do with Turner than with Dish. As you say, Ferguson is the type of story CNN thrives on. Without Dish, they can't pump up ratings as much.

It also makes sense that Turner would want TBS/TNT in the same package as their other channels, as those two give Turner a hell of a lot more leverage in negotiations than CNN, Cartoon Network, or TCM.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Well to be honest the only thing I care about is my monthly bill, The only Turner channels I occasionally watch are Cartoon, TruTv, CNN, HLN and I survived without them I sure as the hell am not going to be paying more for these channels. The rest I can say I never watch, well maybe TCM on Christmas for old time Christmas movies like Miracle on 34th St, It's A Wonderful life, and Scrooge in B&W. but I have a DVD somewhere with these movies on it, I just have to find it, rather than pay anymore for TV.

Well to be honest the only thing I care about is my monthly bill, The only Turner channels I occasionally watch are Cartoon, TruTv, CNN, HLN and I survived without them I sure as the hell am not going to be paying more for these channels. The rest I can say I never watch, well maybe TCM on Christmas for old time Christmas movies like Miracle on 34th St, It's A Wonderful life, and Scrooge in B&W. but I have a DVD somewhere with these movies on it, I just have to find it, rather than pay anymore for TV.
The one thing I found out in all my 18 years with DISH is that any channel gone long enough and you will adapt and find that content on another channel. When DISNEY and DISH fought over paying hd and sd for their ABC family channel & Disney, I stopped watching entirely . When we got them back in hd I tuned to watch it and found that I didn't really miss it at all. The same for the Turner channels . I didn't really miss them at all. I think a lot of people are in the habit of having access to cable channels, but if they didn't have them , they would learn to adapt. I was born in a time when we only had 3 ota channels. I didn't get cable till the early 80s and satellite in 95. With all the internet content and ota content , I could get by without the rest. But it is habit now. That and the hopper /super joey/joey group I have and love for convenience and the cutting edge technology. I don't know how much longer I will keep them with the monthly FEES almost as high as the programming itself. Sooner or later I will have to cut the cord too.

If a channel is really popular then they are not going to be as likely to get into a dispute over it. Look at how much ESPN is and they got that deal through.

Reactions: Tampa8
The simplest way to solve the whole mess is ask the officer and the person who said Brown had his hands up to take a lie detector test. Then we will find the truth.

Hahaha. Then one side will say they weren't ready for that and it's unconstitutional. And not admissible. Besides, eye witness testimony is highly unreliable. Ever watch the show Brain Games? There is one episode that speaks volumes about eye witnesses(and they would even pass a LDT)

Reactions: TheKrell
Hahaha. Then one side will say they weren't ready for that and it's unconstitutional. And not admissible. Besides, eye witness testimony is highly unreliable. Ever watch the show Brain Games? There is one episode that speaks volumes about eye witnesses(and they would even pass a LDT)
Ask the witness if the officer should take a lie detector test. When they say, "hell, yes!", ask him, "you'll take one too?". Had nothing to do with court, admissible, constitutionality, etc.

The simplest way to solve the whole mess is ask the officer and the person who said Brown had his hands up to take a lie detector test. Then we will find the truth.
Except lie detector tests are not admissible in court, as far as I know. This will always be a case of he said and 12 different witnesses said. This is one case were a body cam would of been great to reveal the truth. I am all for, police wearing the body cams ,to not only protect the public, but the police too.

Reactions: foghorn2 and Tampa8
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)