CNN/FN going dark (Sunshine RSN coming. Available to FL area only)

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
At 11:59 PM on December 15th CNN/FN will be ceasing transmission. Therefore this channel will no longer be available on VOOM (or anywhere else) after tommorow night.

BTW I am hearing a rumor that some of us may be getting some Sunshine soon.

Happy Holidays!

I already live in Florida, but unfortunetly the only weather I'll be having is a lot of Heat.

This is a regional sports channel I guess in the E* package. Please not more SD crap?

Network: SUNSHINE NETWORK

Channel Name: SUN

Category: SPORTS

Description: The Sunshine Network has exclusive coverage of the sizzling Miami Heat, Orlando Magic and the electric Tampa Bay Lightning, as well as year-round coverage of Florida State, University of Florida, UCF, ACC, SEC, TAAC, MEAC and Sunshine State Conference athletics. Additional programming includes coverage of select pre-season game replays coaches shows and more from all 3 Florida NFL teams and WNBA, MLS golf, tennis, high school sports and more.

This channel may be subject to extensive blackouts of sporting events and other programming noted in the guide.

Satellite:
Channel:

Available in:

AMERICA'S EVERYTHING PAK
AMERICA'S TOP 120
AMERICA'S TOP 180
AMERICA'S TOP 60 PLUS
DISH LATINO DOS WITH PLAYBOY
DISH LATINO EVERYTHING PAK
DISH LATINO MAX WITH PLAYBOY
MULTI SPORT

vurbano said:
This is a regional sports channel I guess in the E* package. Please not more SD crap?

Sunshine does have a HD feed, so this could get interesting (for FL residents :D )

/\
But I would like to know where the bandwith is coming from....Is this all from the new encoders possibly?

How can they get rid of these channels!? I always watch FN?! I wasnt too upset that I couldnt get food network for a while, but I dont know if I can live without my Fox News! Will it come back? Why did they decide to drop it?

Nick

CNN is the one pulling the plug on CNN-FN, not VOOM, it is also being dropped by all cable systems and all other satellite providers as well.

blitzpb said:
How can they get rid of these channels!? I always watch FN?! I wasnt too upset that I couldnt get food network for a while, but I dont know if I can live without my Fox News! Will it come back? Why did they decide to drop it?

Nick

OK Nick, FN isn't Fox. It's CNN-Financial News. Different channel. And I could make here a very bad comment, but I will not... But I have to bite my tongue....

Well, I knew I was opening myself up for all kinds of flak on my initial comment, but dam*it, I had to know! I did find it strange that CNN & Fox would be going dark. Still, I have watched CNN/FN from time to time. Oh well.
Nick (My channel choices are irrelevant to the fact that I am a VOOM HD JUNKIE!)

CNN-fn is owned by Turner Broadcasting. They are pulling the plug, not Voom. That frees up an SD channel in the encoder. That's where Sunshine will be placed. So, no new bandwidth is needed. Voom channel number is unknown at this time.

blitzpb said:

Nick
It's CNN/FN (cable news network/financial news). Not FN (fox news).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)