coax routing for the dvr-625

wireless200

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2005
How does the signal from the 625 get to the second room?

I'm just moving into a pre-wired house. It has a coax run from the attic down to the downstairs coat room.

From there, coax goes out to various rooms.

If the DVR 625 sits out by the main tv, how does the signal get to a second room?

I only have one coax from the coatroom to the main tv.

What you do is buy another UHF remote and put the 625 in the coat room, that's going to be the cleanest method. :)

I'm surprised your house didn't come with dual-wire coax runs! Every house I've seen built in the last like.. 18 years or so had that.

Now that I think about that though, unless you used a DPP44 switch or a dishpro plus LNB on the dish, you'd have to use both of those coax wires for the box, otherwise you could just use one to head back to the room and off to the 2nd room from the closet.

Dave nye said:
You can do it all with one line. You just have to use a DPP Twin. Then you will need to use a seperator and Diplexors.

Will the installer know how to do this?

unless you have a superdish ,you need a dpp44 switch, and i dont know if many retailers give those away since they dont come wwith a superdish

Has anyone here used allsat dot com? How was your experience? I'm trying to decide whom to order from... allsat, dish, or dishpro. I've called Allsat a couple of times and they answer quick and are friendly and knowledgeable.

When the installer comes, ask him if he's going to be either using a DP+ Twin or a DP+44 Switch. It's easy enough for him to call up Dish Network to modify the workorder as "required equipment". I do that all the time and have had no problems. The retailer I work for gets reimbursed as long as Dish modifies the workorder.

As far as "allsat" I haven't had any experience with them. Are they the one's selling the system to you, or are they going to be doing the actual install?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)