Coaxial from Satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thank you for the reply. Now I am even more confused as I have heard it both ways! If I could ground it inside (or find any other way to have the coaxial not run the length of my house) I would gladly pay DTV to come out and rewire it.

Unfortunately they won't touch it. Back in the day we could do what ever we wanted then they slowly started making changes (weekly basis) and now it's become if we can't photograph it on the outside of the home it's a fail. If it's not Directv approved cable (says Directv and is solid copper) it's a fail, if the ground block is mounted to inside a cable box (outside of the home) it's a fail, they've changed so much that it's become almost impossible to pass a QC these days.

Unfortunately they won't touch it. Back in the day we could do what ever we wanted then they slowly started making changes (weekly basis) and now it's become if we can't photograph it on the outside of the home it's a fail. If it's not Directv approved cable (says Directv and is solid copper) it's a fail, if the ground block is mounted to inside a cable box (outside of the home) it's a fail, they've changed so much that it's become almost impossible to pass a QC these days.
They supply the coax ?

Yeah, it's all provided to us. Before we had to purchase it then be reimbursed for what we used now it's just given to us in 1000 and 500 foot spoils
As it should have been all along ...
I think it would be ridiculous to make you buy your own and reimburse you like that.
Do they count fittings too ? lol.

I see guys up here ordering rolls of coax all the time, however, they order it as needed now instead of having a pallet of it in the garage (which is how it should be afaik.)

We got pallets of drop for the other side in the garage, but it's only when someone brings it up that were low or out.

As it should have been all along ...
I think it would be ridiculous to make you buy your own and reimburse you like that.
Do they count fittings too ? lol.

I see guys up here ordering rolls of coax all the time, however, they order it as needed now instead of having a pallet of it in the garage (which is how it should be afaik.)

We got pallets of drop for the other side in the garage, but it's only when someone brings it up that were low or out.

Actually, yes we do count our bags of connectors at the end of every quarter when we do our quarterly count lol

Thank you for the reply. Now I am even more confused as I have heard it both ways! If I could ground it inside (or find any other way to have the coaxial not run the length of my house) I would gladly pay DTV to come out and rewire it.

Bottom line is it doesn't matter where it's grounded or if it's grounded at all.

If you install it yourself or have an independent installer do it, then you can have it your way.

If you want Directv to do it, then they will do it by their book so the tech can get paid and for it to pass inspection.

Reactions: dishrich
Bottom line is it doesn't matter where it's grounded or if it's grounded at all.

If you install it yourself or have an independent installer do it, then you can have it your way.

If you want Directv to do it, then they will do it by their book so the tech can get paid and for it to pass inspection.

And to touch a little more, the reason it's by the book is if you have some form of fire or damage to electronics the insurance company's like to find ways to not pay (no shocker there) and they'll see an ungrounded system making its way in the home and instantly say "well Directv is the cause" and guess who had to pay the damages. Bingo. I think Directv rebuilt 12 homes in 2015 due to the systems not being installed by the book and was on the hook for it

Reactions: AZ.
And to touch a little more, the reason it's by the book is if you have some form of fire or damage to electronics the insurance company's like to find ways to not pay (no shocker there) and they'll see an ungrounded system making its way in the home and instantly say "well Directv is the cause" and guess who had to pay the damages. Bingo. I think Directv rebuilt 12 homes in 2015 due to the systems not being installed by the book and was on the hook for it
If that happened, then they are just stupid ....

Believe me, just because the ground is in the system doesn't mean thats gonna stop it from happening ...

If you take a Lighting strike, that ground is not gonna stop things from frying.

If that happened, then they are just stupid ....

Believe me, just because the ground is in the system doesn't mean thats gonna stop it from happening ...

If you take a Lighting strike, that ground is not gonna stop things from frying.

Problem was, they was not grounded. We all know if it gets a strike it's toasted regardless but it's a money game to insurance company's and if they can pawn the payout on somebody else, they will.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts