Code 45-72-302

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lsilvest

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2010
Pueblo West, CO
My daughter has an HR24 in the family room and an SD receiver in the living room, installed last August. She said about a month ago she started having trouble with the HR24 losing signal and resetting and some recorded shows were being cut short by 20 or more minutes. She called D* but got frustrated with support and I'm sure it was reciprocated. I went over to her house and ran the tests and got error code 45-72-302 and the message was that data was not received, etc. So I did a signal check on everything showed 95 or above except for 103 S and 99 S and I don't know if they are critical or not. On the SD receiver in the living room there has been no problem, so it doesn't seem the problem is with the dish alignment.

Anyone have any idea what the actual source of that error is?

When I get time I'm going to go over and swap the 2 receivers and see what results I get then just to see if the cable feed may be the problem. She's in a rental and the cables were pre-installed throughout the house.

103s & 99s are spotbeam satellites (hence the "S")

You'll see 0's on a bunch of the transponders as you're outside of that spotbeam area

as for the message I honestly dont know what that means.

103s & 99s are spotbeam satellites (hence the "S")

You'll see 0's on a bunch of the transponders as you're outside of that spotbeam area

as for the message I honestly dont know what that means.

We're in Southern Colorado so would the 103s and 99s be relevant? If not, then the fact that all the other signals are 95 or over (except for one I saw that was 82) would indicate there is no alignment problem with the dish, especially since one receiver is not having the problem.

Guess I'll have to go over to her place and call D* myself while I'm there.

We're in Southern Colorado so would the 103s and 99s be relevant? If not, then the fact that all the other signals are 95 or over (except for one I saw that was 82) would indicate there is no alignment problem with the dish, especially since one receiver is not having the problem.

Guess I'll have to go over to her place and call D* myself while I'm there.

I think your dish alignment is fine.

Is she getting her locals OK ?
As Ice mentioned the (s) is for spotbeams and they are used for Locals.

I could not find any concrete info on your code either, maybe one of the installers will know for sure about your codes.

If you're in Colorado here is what transponder the HD locals are on
Colo Springs-99s TP16
Denver-103s TP15

So that should show a good signal on the spotbeam

then the fact that all the other signals are 95 or over (except for one I saw that was 82) would indicate there is no alignment problem with the dish
correct. Is it a SWM setup (one cable to each receiver) or not?

My daughter has an HR24 in the family room and an SD receiver in the living room, installed last August. She said about a month ago she started having trouble with the HR24 losing signal and resetting and some recorded shows were being cut short by 20 or more minutes. She called D* but got frustrated with support and I'm sure it was reciprocated. I went over to her house and ran the tests and got error code 45-72-302 and the message was that data was not received, etc. So I did a signal check on everything showed 95 or above except for 103 S and 99 S and I don't know if they are critical or not. On the SD receiver in the living room there has been no problem, so it doesn't seem the problem is with the dish alignment.

Anyone have any idea what the actual source of that error is?

When I get time I'm going to go over and swap the 2 receivers and see what results I get then just to see if the cable feed may be the problem. She's in a rental and the cables were pre-installed throughout the house.

Data was not received? Sounds like the LNB is going back. 1 of the 9 channels is strictly used for guide data. If this 1 channel is going bad then this would cause the issue you're seeing bad for the codes...don't bother. Unless its an OSD it's pretty much pointless to rely on them "test" codes.

99 and 103 carry the HD signals.. if the recorded programs were on HD programs, then most likely the dish is slightly out of alignment (The Sat's you indicated would mean only certain channels would be be affected). The SD receiver is pulling all of its channels off the 101 satellite which is why its not having any problems.
If she's seeing Searching for satellite signal on HD channels (even intermittently) then thats the issue... Cabling and/or connectors can cause these issues also.. I dont understand the science behind it, but the HD signals run along the the outside of the wire and are the first to go if its a cabling/connector problem.

Thanks for all the tips. I'll just have to be there and talk to support myself I guess. If it's a cable problem and it's someone else's property it might be a hassle.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts