Code 775, help please!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AdamTex

Original poster
May 18, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I recently purchased a used H20 receiver and am in the process of moving around my receivers.

My old set-up was this.

H25 in master bedroom with power inserter installed at this location.
HR24 in living room.

After activating the H20 and ordering access card, I wanted to place this receiver in the master bedroom and move the H25 into my sons room so that he can watch shows recorded via the HR24 since I have the whole home DVR.

There was no coax running into his room, so I ran coax from his room up into the attic and connected it to a splitter that has 2 "out" connections. The other "out" connection is feeding the HR24 in the living room.
The power inserter in the master bedroom is now attached to the H20 and it has a direct connection to the dish.

Problem is, the H25, which is now in my sons room is getting error code 775, cabling issue.

Both of the other receivers are working great, and I even unplugged all the receivers, did resets, and made sure the power inserter was powered before hooking up any receivers.

The H25 receiver was working fine before all the moving around, never had any issues.

Any ideas?

I recently purchased a used H20 receiver and am in the process of moving around my receivers.

My old set-up was this.

H25 in master bedroom with power inserter installed at this location.
HR24 in living room.

After activating the H20 and ordering access card, I wanted to place this receiver in the master bedroom and move the H25 into my sons room so that he can watch shows recorded via the HR24 since I have the whole home DVR.

There was no coax running into his room, so I ran coax from his room up into the attic and connected it to a splitter that has 2 "out" connections. The other "out" connection is feeding the HR24 in the living room.
The power inserter in the master bedroom is now attached to the H20 and it has a direct connection to the dish.

Problem is, the H25, which is now in my sons room is getting error code 775, cabling issue.

Both of the other receivers are working great, and I even unplugged all the receivers, did resets, and made sure the power inserter was powered before hooking up any receivers.

The H25 receiver was working fine before all the moving around, never had any issues.

Any ideas?

You seemed to unhook it. You need a 4-way swim splitter. You've only got a 2-way at this point it sounds like

If you're cabling is right, did you rerun satellite setup on the H20 and set it for SWM (assuming you are SWM using whole-home dvr).

I'm pretty sure the H20 will support SWM but not whole-home playback.

Also how old is the software on your H20, the original software didn't support SWM (thinking pre-2009 or so). If it was never used, or sat a long time, that could be an issue.

Man those H20's are getting old. I think the -100 model also has overheating issues and they unofficially recalled them (stopped sending them out), maybe it was the -600, I forget, but it was one of the two.

The H20 is fine, I know it doesn't work with the whole home dvr. The problem isn't the H20, its the previously working fine H25 that I am getting the error message.

first thing I'd do is swap the 2 cables connected to the splitter in the attic. If the 775 moves to the HR24, then you have a bad splitter, if the 775 stays on the H25, then you have a bad cable. You used RG6 Coax, right?
Also, make sure that splitter has Green Label (SWM Splitter)

Thats exactly what I just did. It stayed with the H25, I did NOT use RG6 coax that I know of, I used what was leftover when they built the house, honestly didnt even know there was a difference. Let me see if the coax says what it is.

It is R6, I have never heard of coax cable going bad, unless I cause a break in the wire pulling it up through the wall. I suppose thats possible.

It is R6, I have never heard of coax cable going bad, unless I cause a break in the wire pulling it up through the wall. I suppose thats possible.

Or when you moved stuff around, a connection came loose.
Compression fittings should be used.

Thanks everybody, we are back in business again! Apparently when I was fishing that cable up through the wall I must have kinked the end of the it, just as a hunch I decided to cut about a foot off the end going into the receiver and bingo, that did the trick!

Thanks everybody, we are back in business again! Apparently when I was fishing that cable up through the wall I must have kinked the end of the it, just as a hunch I decided to cut about a foot off the end going into the receiver and bingo, that did the trick!

:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)