Code for Olevia TV's???

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
If anyone out there happens to have discovered a code to operate their Olevia TV with their Dish remote I sure would appreciate you sharing. I picked up an Olevia Model 242 today & have ran through the manual scan 3 times to no avail. PITA having to use 2 remotes. Thanks!

Did an install on a 52 incher and found the code fairly quickly using the scan method. Forgot to notate the number. This was using the 6.2 or 3 remote that came with a 722. Maybe you need to get a 6.2 or 6.3 remote.

Really appreciate the replys. I'm using an 8.0 UHF remote with a 921. I do have a 622 with the 6.2 & 6.3 but I really can't swap locations of the receivers. I DID stop after the rapid flashing, guess I can try again. I also have an 8.1 UHF remote I can try but then it may not operate the 921. I'll let ya know. Thanks again.

All 6.2's or 6.3's here. None of them will work my 232. Which reminds me - need to go look and see if there is a firmware upgrade for mine yet.

Where do you find the firmware upgrades for the remotes?

Firmware upgrade is for the TV. They pushed some new ones earlier this year for th 5xx models that enabled some new remote functions via universal remotes. So far they haven't done the same for my model. Sucks as I have to keep the real remote handy and can't just use my Harmony remote to control everything I have.

If you do a "manual scan" of this Forum for "Olevia", you'll find that the Dish remotes do not have codes for the 2xx, 3xx, 4xx or 5xx series. :(

Not only that, but very few universal remotes support the Olevia's either. Pick up a higher-end programmable remote (e.g. Logitech Harmony, etc..)

I have this same problem..I have a Olevia 532h and have to use two remotes. It's not worth spending $100 on a learning remote because I got my wonderful 32 inch lcd for only $400.

If anyone out there happens to have discovered a code to operate their Olevia TV with their Dish remote I sure would appreciate you sharing. I picked up an Olevia Model 242 today & have ran through the manual scan 3 times to no avail. PITA having to use 2 remotes. Thanks!

Off the subject, but are the Olevia HDTV's any good? I was considering replacing a 32" first gen Philips HDTV with an Olevia 37" unit that has a sexy price.

Good choice?

I have had my Olevia 232 for several months now (love it!), and have been monitoring the boards for any clues on this. Last week, I had a DISH tech out to resolve a problem with my LNB, and he saw me using two remotes for my Olevia/622 setup. He kind of chuckled and said, "yeah, there is no compatibility between the two, because they operate on different frequencies." Whatever........:confused:

Off the subject, but are the Olevia HDTV's any good? I was considering replacing a 32" first gen Philips HDTV with an Olevia 37" unit that has a sexy price.

Good choice?

I have had the 37" Olevia for almost a year now and it is a fine HDTV. Picture is very good. My only complaint is that you have to scroll through all of the inputs(Component 1, Component 2, Composite 1, etc. - and there are a lot of them !) to get to the input you want. There is no way to disable the unused input. Other than that it's been a great TV. ANd the price was great. Although of course it has even fallen further since I bought it last fall.

Good choice?

I've only had mine (42") for 2 days so I can't say much about durability but I'm very pleased with the picture. HD is outstanding & SD is acceptable. I did quite a bit of research before buying & couldn't find hardly anything negative about them. I do hate the fact that evidently I'm not gonna be able to use my Dish remote with it & the menu is very confusing to use initially ( especially for an old fart). One other negative-- there's no printed owners manual. Its on a CD rom. It took me forever to print out all 68 pages. I don't have a laptop & my 'puter is in the other end of the house or I wouldn't have bothered printing it. Best thing is the price, of course. I went in to Target to buy the 37" and when I saw the 42" was $999. but could be had for $899. by opening one of their charge accounts it seemed silly not to get it instead. I also got the 3 year extended warranty for an additional $59. which I thought was very reasonable. They fix it or replace it. For the 1st year Olevia provides on site service.The 37" was $799 or $719 with a Target charge. For that kinda $$$ I'll put up with the remote hassle or pop for a high end learning remote if it will work. Hope this helps.
BTW, I really appreciate all the replies even though I wasn't happy with the outcome, lol.

I have had my Olevia 232 for several months now (love it!), and have been monitoring the boards for any clues on this. Last week, I had a DISH tech out to resolve a problem with my LNB, and he saw me using two remotes for my Olevia/622 setup. He kind of chuckled and said, "yeah, there is no compatibility between the two, because they operate on different frequencies." Whatever........:confused:

Same here! Love the Olevia PQ (especially for the small $). I am considering replacing my 46" Sony RPTV downstairs with a similarly sized Olevia LCD!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)