Code for Olevia TV's???

The $20-$25 Sony Learning Remote works fine !

Sorry for the ignorant question but are you able to use the Sony to control both the Dish receiver & the TV at the same time without having to switch the mode of the remote before every use??? .........like you do with the Dish remote when you have a working TV code, volume & power on/off. If you have to change the mode every time seems like I might as well just duct tape my two remotes together, lol. Are you using the Sony yourself with an Olevia and is it relatively easy to program for the technically challenged? Thanks!

Get the SONY remote. I have it and it works with my Oleiva. The remote is $24.44 at Amazon.

And you are able to operate your Dish receiver (model?) with it, correct? Most importantly, you can operate the receiver and the TV (model?) volume/power at the same time..........without changing the mode on the remote? Is the remote the Sony RM-VL600? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for your input!

The Sony remote is a learning remote. That means you can program the remote to do any combination of controls without switching modes. You place the old remote's transmitter in line with the Sony's and the Sony 'reads' the signal and remembers it. You could put the TV, Dish and the ceiling fan control on one mode if you wished.

The Sony remote is a learning remote. That means you can program the remote to do any combination of controls without switching modes. You place the old remote's transmitter in line with the Sony's and the Sony 'reads' the signal and remembers it. You could put the TV, Dish and the ceiling fan control on one mode if you wished.

Thanks Gerry, really appreciate the response. Now I'll have to pick up a ceiling fan when I get the remote, lol. R U using the Sony VL600?

Ed

I saw several Sony remotes at Walmart yesterday, I think one was the VL600/8 device unit. Gonna go back today & get one. I'll report back on my success or failure with it.

28a574b9fb.jpg

I use this w/ the bdrm 622 and Olevia 532H. It lacks all the buttons for full DVR use so you have to choose which to omit. The only cross pollination of devices is the TV volume programmed to the satellite mode.

Thanks again Gerry. Hopefully it'll be usable with my 921 and Olevia 242. I'm gonna try to get Dish to allow me another 622 without having to buy one. If not I'll be stuck with the 921 for another year before I can do a Dish'n it up again.
Uhhh, "cross pollination".........ya mean it allows you to control the TV volume while in Sat mode? Not TV power as well? Sorry, yer dealing with an old fart here, lol. Tks for your help!
Ed

Ed, you tell the remote what you want every button to do. You do that by teaching it with the appropriate device's remote. You can mix any remote command on any control mode you wish. You can do whatever you want with this remote, as long as it is infrared and not uhf. If the 921 remotes are uhf, you will need to borrow an infrared remote to do the teaching with. I had to do this with some receiver I had in the past, and it may have been the 921. If this is the case, be sure to have the Dish remotes on the same address as the receiver.

For your last question, you could program a TV power function somewhere in the SAT mode. You'd have to remember where you placed the command (which button) I just toggle to TV mode to shut it off.

I should say, the remote also has a slew of devices already pre-programmed. I don't think some Dish receivers or Olevia TVs are pre-programmed. The learning routine is pretty easy to follow, so no sweat there. Just keep telling yourself it cost $30 and not $200. :)

Gerry-Mission accomplished! Got the VL600 at Wallyworld ($24.99) and got it working all the functions I need on both the 921 & the Olevia 242. Just had to do without fast forward & rewind (?) for the DVR functions---skip forward & back were much more important. BTW, thanks SO much for mentioning the UHF/IR factor!! The 921's remote is indeed UHF but I was able to use the #1 (IR) remote from my 622 which does all the 921 functions. I woulda been screwed if you hadn't mentioned that. Now I'll havta get fancy & get it to turn on my audio amp, DVD player, TV to the correct imput at the same time. :rolleyes: Oh yeah, gotta get a ceiling fan too............Thanks pal!
Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)