cold weather LNB issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

easybreezy

Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
northern colorado
I have a WNC single wire multiswitch LNB that is dropping signals when the temp goes down to about 2 degrees F. Two nights ago, after I lost signal I went out with a hair dryer and warmed the LNB for about a minute. That brought back the signal for about 45 minutes until the cold knocked it out again. When the sun hits the dish in the morning and warms it up, every thing is fine. I googled the problem and found in your forums that I'm not alone with the Winegard LNB. It was suggested that an Eagle Aspen SWM handles the cold much better. If so, what specific model would replace my WNC? It's model # is: SL3SPIG - WNC Rev. 1. If I switch out the LNB will the dish need to be repointed? So far, calls to Directv haven't gotten me anywhere. Thanks for all your help!

If you are careful to not move any adjustments, the swap out of LNB assemblies won't cause an alignment problem. There is probably only one Eagle Aspen LNB assembly that matches the WNC. Check the Solid Signal website.

If you are careful to not move any adjustments, the swap out of LNB assemblies won't cause an alignment problem. There is probably only one Eagle Aspen LNB assembly that matches the WNC. Check the Solid Signal website.

If I were you I would call DirecTV again. tell them you have the WNC SWM LNB on your dish and that they are known to have a problem in cold weather, last year these LNBs were supposed to have been swapped out but maybe yours was missed.
Of course you could have one of the modified WNC LNBs in which case they are supposed to be OK.

Status
Please reply by conversation.