Colorado Springs/Pueblo OTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

j.vo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2004
I recently added E* 811 HDTV with an OTA. The DTV in my area comes in in the mid to lower 80s with the exception of KRDO 13, which is 49% then locks in around 61%. Since the transmitters are all at Cheyenne Mountain, I am wondering if KRDO is broadcasting a weaker DTV signal compared to KKTV and KXRM. KRDO is early in their DTV rollout and does not simulcast any HD at this time. Can any one confirm my suspicions? I emailed the station and they have not replied.

My Dish installer used an 18" dish mount instead of a traditional tripod and mast. I stuck a mast in the mount and then placed the antenna up about 3-4 feet higher and then KRDO came in in the low 70s.

I am considering calling them out to reinstall the OTA antenna, but it definitely looks better lower. I read the covenant for my development and they apparently do not want me to have an OTA on my roof. I am not sure if they can enforce this, but I assume this is for another post.

I am looking forward to my first Bronco game in HD tomorrow!

Thanks for reading.

J.VO

Answering my own question

I called KRDO and was told that they are testing at low power and would increase to full power and begin HD simulcasting around 2-3rd quarter 2005.

J.Vo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts