Combine FTA with Dishnetwork

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Nightnavigator62

Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
Nor Cal
I believe I have read a few replies in various other threads, but I am a newbie and want to make sure I understand it correctly.
I have a Dishnetwork system, but would like to add an additional dish for getting a FTA signal (Ku-band). The dishnetwork dishes/system cannot decode this FTA signal.
My question is if I can use a splitter or diplexer (or any other device) to connect the FTA signal onto the Coaxial cable getting into the house and then a splitter or diplexer (or any other device) to re-split the signal in the living room to the dishnetwork box and the FTA system box.
In other words, will it be possible to get both signals through the same cable, that way avoiding me to pull an additional cable through the house for the FTA "system"?
I think I have read somewhere that the frequencies will be the same and therefore will interfere with eachother, as opposed to the combination of a regular antenna (OTA) and the dishnetwork signal. Yet I want to make sure I, before I start pulling extra cables....
Any assistance will be great

What kind of Switch are you using?

Do you know which DISH switch you have DP34 or DP44 or maybe something older?

If you have an available port that is not in use- - that may work (or course I have never tried this)

You may also want to ask the same question over in the FTA part of this forum. Many folks there have both DISH and FTA.

AND Welcome to Satellite Guys!!!!:welcome

I believe I have read a few replies in various other threads, but I am a newbie and want to make sure I understand it correctly.
I have a Dishnetwork system, but would like to add an additional dish for getting a FTA signal (Ku-band). The dishnetwork dishes/system cannot decode this FTA signal.
My question is if I can use a splitter or diplexer (or any other device) to connect the FTA signal onto the Coaxial cable getting into the house and then a splitter or diplexer (or any other device) to re-split the signal in the living room to the dishnetwork box and the FTA system box.
In other words, will it be possible to get both signals through the same cable, that way avoiding me to pull an additional cable through the house for the FTA "system"?
I think I have read somewhere that the frequencies will be the same and therefore will interfere with eachother, as opposed to the combination of a regular antenna (OTA) and the dishnetwork signal. Yet I want to make sure I, before I start pulling extra cables....
Any assistance will be great

No they use the same frequency you will need a seperate coaxial run for the FTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)