Combine OTA and Output of Satellite Receiver on One Line

avinstall

Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
USA
Is there an another way of combing in a OTA signal and signal out of satellite receiver on one coax line for four tv's other than what I have below? I know that everyone will be watching the same program.

-Connect OTA into Dish Box and then split the signal coming out
(Can you still watch the OTA if don't have a satellite signal)

-Connect OTA and Satellite box output to A/B Switch

Thanks.

I don't know if it was on this forum or another, but I remember someone saying they combined their OTA line with the Dish receiver output (Home Distribution) and it worked. I think they just used a splitter to combine them. It may take a diplexer instead of a standard splitter. I'd guess you'd have to use channel 3 or 4 instead of 60 at the end TV to watch OTA instead of the Dish feed.

I've never had a need to try it, but it wouldn't be much work to give it a shot. I'm sure someone on here will have much more expertise on this, though.

You can combine (with a splitter) the TV2 output with an OTA signal. Just make sure the TV2 output is set to "air" and is assigned a channel number apart from any channel number for an OTA broadcaster. You don't need to use an AB switch.

it will work using a splitter in reverse, but you will end up broadcasting your service on you OTA antenna. this can get you in trouble. You will need the appropriate filter in place to prevent it.

I currently do this with our provided cable and our dish service modulated out on channel 100.

But if we are using a standard dish receiver I wouldn't be able to modulate it on say channel 100 because it only allows 3/4 correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts