Combining 2 Antennas

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

titanman100

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
Hello

I am new to the ota experince as I have had satellite for years. I would like to get my locals in Hd and have a large antenna in my attic from radio shack. I receive 2 of my locals in HD but there is about 6 more I would like to receive. They are all in the same direction and about 50 miles away. I recently bought a clearstream 4 antenna which did not make any difference. My question is
is it possblie to combine both antenna's? if so would it make a diferrence and how do I do it. I understand that you will have a much better reception on the roof but this is not possible as I have neighbors who will complain and I would rather keep the peace. Any info appreciated.

I dunno about combining, but I have a CM 3020 (deep fringe uhf/vhf) antenna in my 1 story attic and get all my locals very good (40+ miles away).

If it's possible, move the antenna to place in your attic so it picks up signals through a side wall instead of through the shingles. In my house this works much better, especially this time of year when there is snow on the roof.

I have 2 antennas (a TERK uhf and a bowtie style UHF) pointed in two different directions to get the stations from Youngstown as well as from Cleveland. It works great. I just took the coax lead coming out of both and attached them to the outputs of a splitter then attached the line going to my Amp to the input side of the splitter. This gives a better signal than with either one of the antennas by itself.

It's a crap shoot often different type of antennas pointing in different directions will cancel each other out, sometimes they work, but rarely, if ever, is signal improved.

If you have two very directional antennas pointed in different directions which each have the same length of cable going into a combiner, it may well work. But you can cancel out signals if both antennas pick up the same signal with differing cable lengths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts