Combining 2 vhf high band antennas

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

southofi-10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 17, 2010
South Louisiana
Whats the best combiner to use for stacking 2 vhf high band antennas?
I can;t find vhf only combiners unless it's for high/low band combining.
I have several pico macom uvhf combiner/splitters.
I'm guessing these would be the best?

Whats the best combiner to use for stacking 2 vhf high band antennas?
I can;t find vhf only combiners unless it's for high/low band combining.
I have several pico macom uvhf combiner/splitters.
I'm guessing these would be the best?
Are you stacking, or combining antennas aimed in two different directions? A UVSJ would be the worst thing to combine VHF signals. The UHF leg is designed to block VHF signals. There are commercial VHF combiners but they are expensive.

Yes-I'm stacking 2 identical antennas.
I've the the more expensive combiners.
Guess I'll go that route.There only around 20.00,and it's worth that to get good reception.
Thanks

I was doing some searching for phasing harness last night and came across a 75 ohm T.It's just like the barrel,but only a T.
Very interesting...so I ordered a few.
This would be just like a phasing harness with no electronics or losses at the coupler.Hmmmm
The phasing harness I was looking for would be the simple 2 sections of aluminum with a center feed point.I've seen these many moons ago,most likely provided with the stacked antenna system (since the antenna were very small and vhf only)

So much old equipment has disappeared as the economy dried up and TV antennas usage declined. I was searching for some old Pico/Macom or Blonder Tongue commercial head end equipment to answer your post. I couldn't find any signal combiners that I thought would work just single channel combiners where you would need cut to channel antennas.

Channel master used to have a whole line of channel filters made I presume for head ends.
I used to have several cut to channel antennas.They are cost prohibitive or I would pick up a few more.
I've taken down several MATV systems at apartment complexes.They wanted the tower and all removed.I did it for free and kept everything I took down.
Man I had single channel antennas and single channel amplifiers running out my ears.
I finally got rid of all that a few years before digital arrived.I wish i would have kept the channel 9 antenna.
But the thing about the digital channels are.....it might be channel 2,but it's broadcasting on channel 13 frequencies.LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)