Combining a Dishpro Twin and a Dishpro plus??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

geeknik

Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
I live in a very difficult spot for satellite service. Directv came out and didn't even attempt. I have dishnetwork equipment and am trying to get signal down here.

I can get 119 with about a 130 signal strength in one part of my yard. However I can't get 110 at all. Just across my driveway I can get about 80 to 90 signal strength on 110. BUT I get nothing on 119.

The only option I can find is to combine my two lnb's with a dp21 or dp34. Can the Dishpro twin and Dishpro plus LNB's be combined? Does this seem like my last resort or do you guys have any other suggestions before I go out and buy the switch.

Thanks in advance,
Eddie

I'd like to see that 130 on 119 seeing the max is 125 on the signal strength. How many receivers are you going to use? I think 2-24" dishes at different points in the yard with DP DUALS(not TWINS) and the most appropriate switches. DP21 for single receiver/DP34 for upto 4 receivers & DPP44 for dual tuner receivers. Sounds like you alredy have a receiver and dish if you can get signal strengths what models are they?

my bad...typo

i have about a 110 signal strength on 119 right now. nothing on 110...im sure when the leaves fall off the trees i'd be fine but that does me no good in the summer hahaha

i think i am going to get these 2 dual lnbs i found on ebay and a dp 34...

i have an older pvr not sure of the model and the standard reciever from a few years back 322 maybe... i think thats what they are anyway

So with my dpp twin i can plug a dp dual into the "B" connector and run to the reciever from the "A"?

Is that what you are sayin?

Thanks
Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)