Combining DISH and DIrecTV

cartel

Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
I want to know if it is possible to have DISH and DIrecTv in the same house, going to the same tv's. If so, how do I do it. I have a house that has 4 TV hooked up to DISH and I want to add a DirecTv receiver to one TV so I can get the NFL sunday ticket. I am under contract with DISH for a while yet. Otherwise I would change. I have a DP34 switch outside the house.

I guess my question is, can I tap into the exsisiting cable from outside the house, or can I go into the DP34 switch as a 3rd signal as I would do if I added 61.5 to the DISH system or do I have to run a seperate cable.

I guess my question is, can I tap into the exsisiting cable from outside the house, or can I go into the DP34 switch as a 3rd signal as I would do if I added 61.5 to the DISH system or do I have to run a seperate cable.
No. The installer will run a separate cable. The switchgear is incompatible and each service pretty much fills the cable. This was once described as sending hot and cold water down the same pipe.

I'm a dish network installer,

Its not much of a big deal to run another line in anyway, and it doesnt cost you anymore. Just your time. I do not know if direct tv is required to wall fish if you're worried about the way your cable run may look. But its a good question though. I personally like the example of "hot and cold water in the same pipe". (by harshness) The installer will take care of all of the install though.

I would think that it may be just as cheep to get out of your Dish contract. It is about $13 per month for your remaining months. If you D* services is $40 per month you would only need to have D* for 2 months before it starts costing you money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)