Combining Dual LNB into one cable

dmfabri

Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
I have a dish 500 with two cables running into the house. What is needed to combine the cables at the dish and split them out in the house? Thanks in advance.

I have a dish 500 with two cables running into the house. What is needed to combine the cables at the dish and split them out in the house? Thanks in advance.

There is a way to do something similar to this--use a DPP44 switch and seperators at the receivers. This requires receivers that are Dish Pro Plus capable.

I assume you are trying to add a receiver, without having to run new lines. In many cases running a new line is cheaper & simpler, as the DPP44 is fairly expensive. Some of the new satellite dishes may have similar capability built in, but I'm not sure about that.

What is needed to combine the cables at the dish and split them out in the house?
You're going to have to answer the question posed in post #2 or we can't help you.

In general, you need to have at least one cable for each receiver or one cable for each satellite you need to see. Splitters are not an option.

Since you already have two coaxial cables going into the house, why do you want to limit it to only one? What are you going to use the 2nd cable for?

If you have 2 DVRS, I would recommend the following:

Change the TWIN LNBF on the Dish 500 to a DishPro Plus type.

Use Dish Pro plus separators on each cable to split the signal into two for each DVR.

Good luck.

Thanks for the replies - they helped. based on what I have, what I want to do and what I want to spend, I'll leave the configuration as is.

He wouldn't give any info, but it made no sense to combine 'em at the dish and split them again inside. Maybe there was a reason, who knows. At least he got his answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)