Combining OTA & Satellite signal

mhendricks_12

Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
North Dakota
Recently had to purchase a new TV for my bedroom and this has caused some setup problems.

I have a Dish network 622 receiver with TV2 output running through a coaxial cable to my bedroom also have a OTA signal running from antenna to the bedroom through coaxial cable. Couldn’t find a new TV with (2) coaxial cable inputs, thus how do I combine the signals? Running a different type of cable (component/HDMI) is out of the question due to access. Space and money is also limited therefore would like to not have to use a VCR or Digital Converter to receive both singles. I know I could also us a switch, but I’m lazy and do not want to have to get up and switch back and forth. Can I just us a splitter backwards in the bedroom to combine the singles to the (1) coaxial input on the TV? Or will the frequencies interfere w/each other?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Can I just us a splitter backwards in the bedroom to combine the singles to the (1) coaxial input on the TV? Or will the frequencies interfere w/each other?

Yes you can combine both signals with a splitter. You will have to set TV2 on the 622 to a channel that doesn't interfere with any of the local OTA channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)